Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Thanks, that looks like him. It's weird if this is the 'common' type, I've never seen one before (and certainly not being dopey inside, I did put him outside after all the photos though). According to here, it's found all over Aus.

Normally what i see around here are what this guy calls a 'marbled gecko' (or any number of other 'skinks' on that page.
    Also he's got one of the ones I had, calls it a 'Barking Gecko' (he said he found it near the Onkaparinga Gorge, which is not too far from my place), under a totally different latin name.
    Maybe I'll email some pics to friends at the museum, they might know.

And yeah, the 4th is also my favourite, click on it and you can get a full 10MB original. Wasn't bad for an EF 100mm f/2.0 @ f8 or so, 7D, some combination of Kenko tubes, M at 1/160s, and 430EX in ETTL, camera-mounted and reflecting off the walls, shower screen, and toilet bowl. Processed in Landscape of all styles (made his colours best, with 0 saturation), bit of contrast and that's it.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Doc, what a ride. Wish someone had taken photos or video of some of that. You should have your own reality show, "Life of a photography enthusiast", or "Kangaroos and Lenses".
    Arnt

Very Hallmark-looking. I like the PP a lot.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    Very Hallmark-looking. I like the PP a lot.
    Thank you! I did three layers of the same texture over my flowers using three different blend modes at various opacities. The texture was originally pink and orange until I changed it in NIK Color Efex.

Lovely texture Denise, it DOES look like greeting card or stationary material, cool!

In this image of rusty bolts I added a texture but only to the out of focus areas:

Time to give this thread a bump. Had the opertunity to take a few flower shots. Some are kind of soft. That was done in post... I kind of like the look on roses.

Flower-2823 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Lilly-2863 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Rose-2822 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Rose-2839 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Rose-2848 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Those are beautiful shots, Pat!! The 2nd and last one are my favorites! I always hesitate using a soft filter in post because I think people will think I can't take a sharp macro shot but when other people use it, it looks magnificent. Your photos prove that!

Great photos Pat, Joel, and Denise....I really like everything on this page.

Some kind of moth on a seat cushion in our kitchen....a 5 shot stack

1D4
    180mm Canon macro
    ISO 1000
    f/13
    1/80