Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Kam,

thanks for the comments..

You can adjust the ISO in 1/3 increment on your 50D but you need to do it in the creative modes (AV, TV, M). Please check your manual for more information.

I've beenusing my 40D since Oct. 2007 and I still checkits manual from time to time. I wantto make sure thatI still know the camera inside out.

If you're new to photographymany thingsin the manual can be confusing, please ask here and a lot of us will gladly help you.

Nhut, your pictures are always good.

I'd like to offer something negative just to keep you in line, but I can't think of anything....

Cheese. You need more cheese in the pictures! [] So there...

Hummingbird my most favorite of the set.

Quote Originally Posted by devsalvi

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

i remember the duck pair !!! is from altamonte? just a wild, i mean WILD guess...
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Altamonte? Not familiar with that. No, these are wild ducks I found on the EasternShore ofMobile Bay. The longest lens I own is only a 28-135mm, but I discovered that by beingVERY patient and sitting down on the ground, I was able to slowly scoot over to them without spooking them. Otherwise there would have to be a LOT of cropping and not much residual detail. I am going to go back and try to process these shots in EOS Viewer Utility from CR2 (RAW) so maybe the results will be better. This is just a JPEG pretty much out of the camera. Anything I can do to even approach the incredible quality of Nate's stuff would be a big improvement.

Nhut, there's nothing to comment really - all we can do is learn from you.

And no, you don't need to crop tighter, it's fine as it is.

Nhut, I love your latest pics, but especialy the Tern shot - I know how hard it is to catch them in flight like that, my trash bin is full of unsuccessful attempts!

Nate;

First off, nice captures of all 3 w/the Rufous and Tern being my favorites....not that the Curlew(?) isn't nice, but I'd loosen up the cropping a bit on the 12, 3, and 6 sides. The 3 side is just a bit too balanced w/the 9 side....leave a little extra space for the bird to fly to.

I just rec'd my new flash (580EX ll for my 40D) to help capture my hummingbirds. I noted your setting of flash +1/3; what was you reasoning for making this adjustment? And if you have any other suggestions for captures w/a flash, please feel free to include them.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Took this a few weeks ago on a local seal tour. Used my 300mm f/2.8L + 2x TC. Then a bit of cropping.

Canon EOS 40D, 1/1600, f/10, 600mm, ISO400

Nice shot dann, seals can make great subjects - those big brown eyes! here's 2 of mine: 400D + EF 28-80 (yes, the crappy kit one!) Tv 1/160 Av f11 ISO200.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.16/IMG_5F00_2728_5F00_1.JPG[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.16/IMG_5F00_2705_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Wow you were able to get close. I love the second.

Here is one of my favorites. It was taken in Samburu National Park in Kenya.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.67/19.elephant-crossing.jpg[/img]