Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 100mm L IS Macro lens

Quote Originally Posted by DSLR_Newbie View Post
    Thank you all for the help.

Firstly I tried the focus stacking : really hard to do while holding camera in hard (at least for me it was)

Tried with a tripod It works very good.

but I wanted to do it though the camera as sometimes it may not be possible to take multiple shots.

so tried with F number starting from F16 onwards.

It works perfectly in bright sunlight but indoors...not so much.

so I have bought a YongNuo MR-58 Ring flash (bargain for $45 compared to Canon's offering)

given below are a few sots I took Outdoors. Again Thanks a lot for the help guys. Really appreciate it.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

Focus stacking hand held would be hard. If you have a really fast camera like the 1D IV or 1D X you could do a burst shot as you gradually get closer and farther away. But you end up with many throw aways.

The best way is with a rail, with a very fine sliding control, mounted on a tripod.

Edit; you do not neccesarly need a ring flash. Any flash with a remote cable can suffice on a budget and sometimes would be preferred. A ring flash will tend to flatten your picture, where if you get light in from the sides it can add depth.
    Last edited by HDNitehawk; 11-16-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Those are some hot wheels you've got there. Looking good.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

Focus stacking hand held would be hard. If you have a really fast camera like the 1D IV or 1D X you could do a burst shot as you gradually get closer and farther away. But you end up with many throw aways.

The best way is with a rail, with a very fine sliding control, mounted on a tripod.

Edit; you do not neccesarly need a ring flash. Any flash with a remote cable can suffice on a budget and sometimes would be preferred. A ring flash will tend to flatten your picture, where if you get light in from the sides it can add depth.
    I currently own a 60D so its no where near the 1 series also I agree there will be a lot of throw aways.

I would probably stay clear of the rail system for now and give the flash a go.

I have a Yongnuo RF-602 Flash Trigger and a Yongnuo YN-460II Flash unit which gives me off camera flash capabilities. I will give that a go.

Thanks
    Last edited by DSLR_Newbie; 11-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.