Page 254 of 398 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3980

Thread: Post your best current shots

Not at all Steve. We're currently in Niseko on a snowboarding trip, getting aroudn 30cm of fresh powder a day (except the last two days) so it's been without a doubt the best boarding I've done, belting through trees in neck deep fresh snow is incredible. Have only had the chance to take the camera out once here though, been way too busy on the mountain!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Ben - Great posts so far... I have a feeling that I'm going to quite enjoy following your photo log for the months ahead. Travel safe!

This past weekend was the annual ice sculpting competition at Lake Louise. The artists come from all over the world, and have 36 hours to complete their designs. I went there on Monday evening, when it was nice and quiet, to get some shots at dusk. This one is the second place winner, from the UK.

Canon 1DX, 24-70 f/2.8 LII, 1/50 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100. I used live view with the tripod, to avoid any chance of mirror-slap vibration at this shutter speed.
    Name:  A39Q8548.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  172.8 KB

Very cool shot, Jonathan. (No pun intended.)
    Mark - Flickr

Great shot Jonathan, very well worth the extra time going there late
    Arnt

I often get slapped for spending too much time in front of the mirror too Jonathan.
    Heheh, cool shot.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks Steve and Jonathan. Here's a couple I took yesterday. We've had three days without fresh snow so my friend and I went out to the back country and built a kicker into some nice soft powder. Biggest jump I've ever hit on the board that's for sure. I set him up with the camera so he could just pull the trigger and get some shots of me for a change!

Anyway, on the way home the sun got nice and low and cast a stunning light over Mount Yōtei. It's not often you come across this sight in the winter so I had to stop mid run and drag the camera out. Glad I did. Enjoy.

Kicker! by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

Yōtei by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Nice air on that jump, but it's the Yotei shot for me Ben, that's superb.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

@Ben: Both are great. I agree with Steve - I like the mountain shot a bit more. But if it had been me on that board, the jump photo would definitely have been my favorite. (But I'd probably not survived to see the resulting photo.)

And #1 how still photography can be made to feel kinetic and sometimes is best for capturing motion....I love the snow flying off the board and trailing off behind you.....

But agree, #2 is now in my list of favorites on flickr.....

Didn't make it to work this morning due to "car trouble". Was trying to return to my house because the road was blocked with cars stuck on the ice. I slid backwards down the hill at the entrance of our neighborhood and voila No injuries to me and minor vehicle damage but sort of ruined my day.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truckwreck.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	1665
    Got a chance to try my hand at photography with my very first I-phone!