Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Beautiful flowers, Pat and that shot of the coins is fantastic, David!! BTW - That might still get you a gallon of gas where I live!

Columbine by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Yearning for springtime by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4449 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Valentine's Day brought bulbs this year and some early bloomers. Here is a 6 shot stack of a tulip. Taken with 20mm tube and a 24-70mm.

Very cool shot, Jayson! Where the heck do you live in the Midwest to have tulips blooming already!?

Nebraska. They are in a plant I bought the wife for Valentine's Day. I have an iris, something else that is really smelly, and a tulip. They aren't lasting long...I don't have a green thumb.

A couple more macros to get this one going again.
    Snowflakes were from this morning. I think next time I might try something different than construction paper. I think it detracts from the flake.

And from the now dead plants. These didn't last long with my green thumb. I took this with an extension tube on a 24-70 and stacked 6 shots to get the full depth of the flower.

nice macros - at first I thought they were gigantic snowflakes on the ground in the forest ...
    Arnt

Haha exactly what I was thinking too. Nice shots, but I agree that the background kinda distracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    nice macros - at first I thought they were gigantic snowflakes on the ground in the forest ...
    Thanks Arnt! I used a whole bunch of kenko products to get them that big. They are fun to capture and see the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Haha exactly what I was thinking too. Nice shots, but I agree that the background kinda distracts.
    Thanks Jan! This was my first outing this year with snow, but I really need to find something to shoot them on next time. I ran into the same trouble last time I tried (used a rubber mat last time).

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    A couple more macros to get this one going again.
    Snowflakes were from this morning. I think next time I might try something different than construction paper. I think it detracts from the flake.

I thought it was grass and a really big snowflake.

Typing and reading it now sounds ridiculous, but that was my first thought, second was how did he do that

Macro's of blown-out matches from today:

Smokin' by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Smoking Match by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

For what it's worth: no cropping here. I used my 100mm macro with I believe 68mm of extenders.