Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

I had something from a foggy morning a little while back.

Jayson I really like this shot. Ghostly images of the trees fading into the fog...

Stephen

Yeah that's a superb shot Jayson!

Jayson, great shot of the fog.

I had half an afternoon the other day to try landscape and some HDR

3 exposure HDR, T3i, EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

102_MG_0057_HDR by ahab1372, on Flickr
    Arnt

Today I took the camera for a walk by the sea. I did have some long exposure ideas so I also brought the tripod. What I didn't bring was clothes warm enough. It was only a few degrees below zero (°C), but storm winds coming in from the sea made it the coldest walk I had this winter. (-3 °C and storm feels colder than -20°C and calm.) This view may look kind of peaceful but it was actually quite chaotic. I was struggling to keep standing and the tripod/camera was vibrating from the wind. It surprised me how the shot turned out quite sharp though I could clearly see the lens vibrations - I suppose the long exposure helped.

Post your best Landscape...

That is a great shot cls.

Arnt
    Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Today I took the camera for a walk by the sea. I did have some long exposure ideas so I also brought the tripod. What I didn't bring was clothes warm enough. It was only a few degrees below zero (°C), but storm winds coming in from the sea made it the coldest walk I had this winter. (-3 °C and storm feels colder than -20°C and calm.) This view may look kind of peaceful but it was actually quite chaotic. I was struggling to keep standing and the tripod/camera was vibrating from the wind. It surprised me how the shot turned out quite sharp though I could clearly see the lens vibrations - I suppose the long exposure helped.
    Nice shot.
    I love that kind of weather... that is when the waves are the best and there is nobody else around to get in the shot. But you do have to dress for it.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

CANOPY IN GREEN - - - MOSSBRAE FALLS, CALIFORNIA

7D | ISO 160 | ultra wide angle lens | f/18 | 2 sec | CPL

[img]Canopy in Green - - - Mossbrae Falls by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

@ahab1372 & conropl: Thanks for your warming comments! And yes, I agree that those days are great for shooting. (I simply underestimated the wind and learned a lesson - I should get a windproof cap.)

@erno: That's a great shot from what looks to be a great place for landscape photography. This photo kind of makes me want to know what's outside the frame (and I like it when an image leaves some unanswered questions).