Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Really nice photo Claes. And Erno...you should add that photo to the wikipedia page of the Mossbrae falls, because it's simply stunning.

Erno:

That is a really cool waterfall. I have never been to one that filters through the vegetation like that. I also showed your shot to my wife (a connoisseur of fine waterfalls), and she just said, "WOW, that is really pretty...". I think she would like to visit that one.

Nicely done.

Pat

5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

thanks for the comments cls and Pat. To be honest, amazing places make amazing photographs, so getting to a place like Mossbrae will boost the keeper rate for sure. Nearby is Burney Falls which is another fantastic place for waterfalls. Google or Flickr search that one and you can bag both places in the same day. I also shot sunset the same day at Lassen Volcanic National Park, then ended up shooting lightning over the Sundial Bridge in Redding, CA. I think it was my most fruitful 18 hour day of shooting with my photobuddy nerds. Happy shooting everyone. I'm off to try to see if i can get a photo of the comet that Kayaker has been mentioning. Erno

Erno -
    That is a brilliant shot --- great composition with the tree branch overhead. I'm not sure if the wide-angle lens created a bit of curvature in the surface of the water... it seems to curve down a bit on the right. I'm being super picky here, but only because this is such a top-notch photo that you tend to start looking for tiny details like that.
    Meanwhile, happy comet shooting! I hope it works out. I have an app for my iPad called "GoSkyWatch" and they just added the comet to it (along with comet ISON which is coming this fall). So if you use the app, it might help you locate it.

Erno that's gorgeous mate.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

erno, great shots you are posting here.
    I saw on your flickr page that your are all over the west coast. Makes me envious - compared to you I feel stationary as a tree. Do you travel for work, or do you make these trips for photography?
    Arnt

You're spot on Jonathan regarding the curvature, a consequence of shooting ultrawide. i do my post in Aperture 3, and what it really lacks is lens distortion correction. In regards to the comet, I was 0 for 2 this week. I did manage to bag a keeper at my local knoll, but unfortunately no such luck with that comet.

thanks for the shoutout btaylor. and arnt, i live in Northern California so I'm lucky to have a rich variety of landscapes within a day drive. I have been doing 5 day phototrips with my friends the past 3 yrs, so it's really a blast to go out on a photo road trip with like minded folks. I already have a week lined up for San Diego then a 48 hr road trip to Death Valley a month later.

Here's my salvage shot from last nite when I struck out trying to photograph a comet:
    Framework 321 (3 oaks, 2 fence posts, 1 click of the shutter)
    [img]Framework 321 by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

I like it Erno! Don't forget your other subjects here - the hill and that blushing cloud!

Decided to take a trip to the Nubble Light in York, ME. since it was kinda nice out. Posting this here as well as the wide angle thread.

A cold March day on Lake Michigan.

2013_03_23_0376_upd2 by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.

Dave