Thread: Weddings & "Bad" Light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Weddings & "Bad" Light

What about removing the ambient light with your shutter and scattering flashes around the church with maybe a lower powered on-axis flash for fill. That's about several hundred dollars though. What did you end up doing?

Ps. I don't do weddings, so take it with a spoon of salt.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    What about removing the ambient light with your shutter and scattering flashes around the church with maybe a lower powered on-axis flash for fill. That's about several hundred dollars though. What did you end up doing?

Ps. I don't do weddings, so take it with a spoon of salt.
    Well, that's not a bad idea! I don't think the bride and groom would appreciate flashes going off during the ceremony. Of course, I could just ask them if that would be okay. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Organise an electrician friend's help so there just happens to be a power cut during the ceremony.

While everyone is panicing, save the day with a whole box of candles that you just happen to have in your car "for another shoot". Give one to everyone in the audience to hold and place the resr around the church, one or two hundred candles burning should give a nice ambient warm-yellow glow, no direct-fluoro light to ruin anything.

Then pull out a 1DX/5D3/6D with an 85/1.2LII, shoot at ISO1600 or so, and have the best damn wedding photos ever.
    .... Wow, that sounds epic! I've got the 5D III but I'll have to save a while to get the lens and candles. We'll see if I can talk the bride and groom into that next time I shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Nice one. :-)
    If candles are not an option, have everybody turn on their phones.

Arnt
    Nice backup plan!
    Caleb Royer

Canon 5D III / 24-70 2.8L / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 100 2.8 macro / 50 1.8 II / 580EX II / two strobes / iMac / Creative Cloud