Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    My favourite part is the note is redeemable in lawful money. Is that still on recent paper money?
    Yep...if you read about the history of paper money it started out as actual promissory notes that were redeemable as gold coinage which was considered "lawful money". Hence the "gold standard" was born where all promissroy notes had to be backed up with gold. We have long since abandoned this principle unfortunately. The paper was easier to carry and transfer but was not originally considered to be legal money. It was and still is made of paper with a high linen content which gives it incredible longevity.

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Yep...if you read about the history of paper money it started out as actual promissory notes that were redeemable as gold coinage which was considered "lawful money". Hence the "gold standard" was born where all promissroy notes had to be backed up with gold. We have long since abandoned this principle unfortunately. The paper was easier to carry and transfer but was not originally considered to be legal money. It was and still is made of paper with a high linen content which gives it incredible longevity.
    And now paper bills are being phased out by plastic bills here in Canada . I miss the texture of paper bills...
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Quote Originally Posted by francongphotography View Post
    And now paper bills are being phased out by plastic bills here in Canada . I miss the texture of paper bills...
    that is truly sad -

My Blackberry .... plants in my backyard that is

1DX
    180mm macro
    ISO 3200
    f/5
    1/200

Caterpillar

a 4 shot image stack
    1DX + Canon 180mm macro
    ISO 1000
    f/5.6
    1/60
    Ambient light

It's rained here for 3 days straight....went out briefly with the 180mm macro looking for some rain drop covered flowers and found this.....I like the way you can see the roses distorted inside the raindrops

Pseudo-macro shot with 6D, 135L, and stacked 12mm and 25mm extension tubes. This is about a 100% crop from the center.

Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Pseudo-macro shot with 6D, 135L, and stacked 12mm and 25mm extension tubes. This is about a 100% crop from the center.

[
    Wow....those colors really pop....nice work!

Thanks, Joel. I had to use Levels and Curves in the red channel to tone down the reds. They were almost completely blown. Tough shooting really red flowers in direct sunlight. But I'm pretty happy with how it came out for a makeshift macro.
    Mark - Flickr

Great shots on here. Its been a little while since I visited this thread. Joel, great shot of the bloom, caterpillar, and water drops. I have been looking for caterpillars every time I head out and haven't had any luck at all.

Mark, pseudo macro or not, that is a lovely shot of the flower.

Here are some pseudo macro shots also. Taken with my 300mm f/4 IS and a 1.4x tc.