Thread: Macbook Air for Image Editing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the MBA is delightfully light — I think it's about the same as a 24-70 lens. the screen is bright and given max RAM and an SSD it's fast as hell. throw aperture on it and get an external drive (western digital is what I use) that connects via firewire or thunderbolt and you are set. I use aperture.

I carried around my trusty 17" mbp on my last trip and while the screen is fantastic I was seriously thinking about a 13" mba instead.

Quote Originally Posted by memostothefuture View Post
    I carried around my trusty 17" mbp on my last trip and while the screen is fantastic I was seriously thinking about a 13" mba instead.
    I love my 17" MB Pro, and I really wish Apple would start making them again. Resolution (retina display) is a fine thing, but bigger pixels are nice, too!

But I also have a 13" MB Air, which is great for travel.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    I love my 17" MB Pro, and I really wish Apple would start making them again. Resolution (retina display) is a fine thing, but bigger pixels are nice, too!

But I also have a 13" MB Air, which is great for travel.
    +1 .... love the MAcBook Pro. Recently put a 512gB SSD....amazing speed, boots from cold start in less than 15 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    I love my 17" MB Pro, and I really wish Apple would start making them again.
    sadly I can tell you with certainty that it's not going to happen. our only hope is to upgrade them. I have been thinking about using an iPad as an external screen but it's complicated to set up and the size is so small that eventually I thought 'why bother' and didn't do it.