Thread: Alaskan Cruise and Outings - help w lens choices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by memostothefuture View Post
    why the battery grip on the 5D MKIII? IMHO the batteries are quite good and with a spare or two I never had any problems making it through a day even when shooting thousands of frames and reviewing them.
    I don't know about Vern, but as for me...

1) The battery grip balances out the camera. It fits in my hands better.
    2) The vertical shutter/control buttons make shooting in portrait orientation much easier.
    3) Instead of having to keep up with an extra battery in my pocket, why not already have it in-camera?

Those are reasons why I've had battery grips on every single DSLR I've owned. Once you get used to shooting with one, it's difficult to go without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    1) The battery grip balances out the camera. It fits in my hands better.
    2) The vertical shutter/control buttons make shooting in portrait orientation much easier.
    3) Instead of having to keep up with an extra battery in my pocket, why not already have it in-camera?

Those are reasons why I've had battery grips on every single DSLR I've owned. Once you get used to shooting with one, it's difficult to go without it.
    +1

To be honest, the integrated grip was a major factor in my decision to get the 1D X.