Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsure what to buy.

Have been looking at the comparison tool, to my untrained eye there does not seem to be much in it when comparing the 2 lenses with the various options, does it matter that my camera body is not listed ? would i get the same sort of results as the 60D that is the only choice for the 2 ?

Yes, the 60D and 600D will have the same results for this test. Go handle the lenses in person. Let the focal length and feel be the deciding factors. If you are committed to sticking with a one lens solution and your primary objective is getting closer, the 18-200 is not a bad option. If you are willing to change lenses, the 15-85 lets you go really wide and pretty long. You can pick up something like the 55-250 to compliment it. While useful, don't get too stuck on the resolution charts. I'm still fairly new to this hobby (few years) and for me focusing speed, focal length, max aperture, overall construction, and accessories all have more of an impact on my shots than the differences in resolution. Good luck.

Hi thanks for all the help, i went and had a play with the 18-135 STM in a local shop the other day and thought it was just what i was needing at the moment.

Anyway i now have one, had a quick play with it earlier but started to rain so not had much chance to test it, off on holiday a week on Saturday so if i dont get to give it a good work out before i will put it through it paces then!