Thread: 1D MKii vs 550D and vs 70D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mhhenn View Post
    but when comparing the jpg images that both produced I have the impression that the 550D delivers a better image.
    First of all, welcome to the forum.
    I shoot with a 1DmkIIn and a 5D.
    If you examine your images I think you will find the 550D is sharper due to the higher pixel count but the 1D will have lower noise at higher ISO, better contrast, better color, etc... Bottom line they all return great IQ. I love my 1DmkIIn. I do not think I would like a 7D or 70D but I do find myself wanting more pixels
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    First of all, welcome to the forum.
    I shoot with a 1DmkIIn and a 5D.
    If you examine your images I think you will find the 550D is sharper due to the higher pixel count but the 1D will have lower noise at higher ISO, better contrast, better color, etc... Bottom line they all return great IQ. I love my 1DmkIIn. I do not think I would like a 7D or 70D but I do find myself wanting more pixels
    Thanks I feel welcomed already

I am relatively new to photography, so I don't have much knowledge about older systems. As soon as I haven't been shooting for too long with the 1D MKii I think I am being just extra sensitive about using such an "old" technology.

I do miss as well some more pixels and a bigger screen do review the photos on the 1D mkii