Thread: How can I view a video in digital photo professional?

How can I view a video in digital photo professional?

I took some video on my 7d while I was in Oregon. Now I am reminising through all my shots in Digital Photo Professional, and the box that has the movie camera to show this is where your video is located, will not let me view it like I can when I click on my photos. HELP? I can view the video in my camera, so I know it actually recorded, but I cannot view it on my computer. Is there something special I need to do to view video, move it to a different spot or anything? I am freakin out a bit. Help please!!!!

Unfortunately, Digital Photo Professional was not designed to allow for movie playback. Instead, you need to find the files on your memory card and play them through your operating system's default program (likely Windows Media Player, Quicktime, or another media player). Depending on your card and card reader's speed (or camera's USB connection), the throughput may not be fast enough for smooth video playback. You should probably transfer them from the memory card to your computer first, for optimal playback.

Very computer iliterate here... How do you transfer the video to the computer fron the memory card? I,m used to the photo professionL icon popping up then i click on that. Do I not click on that to download thd video and click somethinx
    on (my computer)?

Resize the Digital Photo Professional window so that you can see your desktop and the DPP window at the same time. Just drag and drop the file to the desktop. Once there, it's on your computer and double-clicking on it should bring up your default program for playing video file.

Ok, I did what you suggested and put the video on my desktop. But, when I double-clicked on my video a box popped up with an X that said "server execution failed". It does this when I try to view the video under Pictures.