Thread: Bias

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave if that is the case look at the ISO charts again, it looks to me that the Tamron is arguably a bit better than the Non L IS 70-300mm.

I say arguably because in different parts of the frame one or the other might be a bit ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Dave if that is the case look at the ISO charts again, it looks to me that the Tamron is arguably a bit better than the Non L IS 70-300mm.

I say arguably because in different parts of the frame one or the other might be a bit ahead.
    Sorry, I didn't intend to derail iND's thread!

I should have been more clear. I'd agree that the 100, 135, and 200mm shots look like you would expect and are equivalent to 70-300 IS, but the Tamron 300mm shots in the center fall off and, IMHO, are clearly in the poor range. You're right that the 70-300 IS is poor at 300mm in the mid-frame and corners, but looks decent for the price point in the center.

I hesitate to post other people's pictures in forum threads (but it's family right?), but IMHO this is a pretty good result for a $350 lens for a 2298 x 1532 crop at 300mm length likely SOOC without any unsharp mask, etc... applied.

(This is the Tamron 70-300 VC)

IMG_3379 by kmohr60, on Flickr

Dave