Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 - Image of the Week #17

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Here is a 2 minute exposure on a windy, wavy day at Silver Lake with the Lake Michigan sand dunes in the back ground. The Dunes are between Silver Lake and Lake Michigan.
    Taken Friday night.

Landscape: Silver Lake Sunset

Silver Lake Sunset -2897 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    That's cool...the long exposure almost makes it look frozen. I think I was there once many years ago. My father was born in the UP. Is that near Jellystone Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    That's cool...the long exposure almost makes it look frozen. I think I was there once many years ago. My father was born in the UP. Is that near Jellystone Park?
    Thanks Joel.

There is a Jellystone Park there. This is real close to home for me. It is a big summer tourist area (my daughters have been working a couple of jobs there during the summer). It is a zoo during the summer, but completely empty the rest of the year. If you like big trucks with a lot of horse power or dune buggy's, then this is the place to go.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Okie dokie....

Winners for this week include conropl's "Silver Lake Sunset" for the Landscape category and Joel Eade's "Daughter and Grand Daughter" topping out in the portrait category.

Thanks Sean!

Congrats Pat!