Thread: Monitor Calibration Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Monitor Calibration Problem

It sounds like you may have two colour profiles conflicting. Have you removed Adobe Gamma? Elements may be ignoring the Spyder set ICC. Or alternatively Microsoft also has their own ICC profile tool that Microsoft Office Picture Manager may be relying on, and ignoring the Spyder profile. I'd check to see if there are any other ICC profile tools loaded or running on your computer, and then verify that neither of the programs have their own colour calibration setting that may be overriding Spyder. I suspect that PS Elements is the culprit. I don't have PS Elements, but I do know that colour calibration can be set independantly within the full Photoshop - when using hardware colour calibration (such as the Spyder) you have to deactivate any software colour correction. Not sure if that's much help.

Re: Monitor Calibration Problem

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't know anything about removing Adobe Gamma or how to check for ICC profiles or how to set the profile within Elements. I am good with a camera, can rebuild a car engine and cook up a mean set of ribs on the grill though! Have a lot to learn about the computer side of photography.