Thread: 2015 - Image of the Week #3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Keep in mind that Canada is huge. The scale is completely different from Europe, and often takes unsuspecting travellers by surprise.

Get a map of Canada: https://www.google.ca/maps/@54.99405...89124,4z?hl=en
    Now find Toronto, Ontario. It's on the edge of the 5 big lakes that border with the USA.
    Now look North East a bit, along the border with Quebec, and find Ottawa, Ontario.
    That's a 5-6 hour drive, on a highway, at 100 KM/H. In Europe you get through several countries in that time, but here you've barely make a mark on the map.

That kind of scale limits you to exploring small sections of Canada at a time. You don't want to spend your trip driving on highways, so you want to find a few good attractions somewhat near each other, and don't expect to see them all in an afternoon.
    Yes i know ! This summer i went from Florence to Scotland, trip all around and back, just 4400km! (2500 miles?)

But i need Canada, by the way i think that around Jonathan house seems a good starting point!
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Quote Originally Posted by jamsus View Post
    But i need Canada, by the way i think that around Jonathan house seems a good starting point!
    Come on over! I'd be happy to give you (or anyone on this forum) a tour of my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by jamsus View Post
    If you want to see Canada, Jonathan's neighborhood is tough to beat. Banff, Lake Louise, Fairmont, Nelson.....finish off by heading over to Vancouver and Victoria.....