Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London-Paris

Bill. Did you end up with the Zeiss? I know you were thinking about it. If so, how do you like it?

BTW..the 11-24 does look remarkable.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 03-05-2015 at 01:20 PM.

There is one daytime flight (American Airlines) to London from O'Hare. We always try to take that because it gets you to London around 10:30PM. By the time we get to a Heathrow hotel and check in, it's 11:30PM or so and we're tired enough to surf/email a bit and then crash. Wake up the next morning as usual and not have to deal with jet lag. You might check to see if Logan has a daytime flight to London (assuming you're going there first).
    Mark - Flickr

Brant;

Alot of good advice here already, but I'll chime in with my 2cents anyway... I find that london and paris are not particularly crowded with large buildings and most of the tourist areas have plenty of space to back up so a UWA is not always necessary (although there will definitely be lots of people in the shots). I've been to London quite a lot (we lived in the UK for a short period) and most of my london shots were taken with a Rebel Xsi and 15-85 lens. But I'll also add that a 70-200 lens is great there as well. You'll find that there are numerous areas where you can shoot the iconic images (london eye, buckingham palace, tower of london, parliment, etc) from a distance away with a longer lens and give a different perspective. Similar to the shots you linked from Paris (although my Paris trip was pre-dslr so I don't have direct experience with lens selection there).

Someone also suggested leaving the tripod home, but I strongly disagree with that! May not be allowed inside most churches, etc. but it is great for longer exposure at night. Lots of buildings are well lit at night and make for great photo-ops. Shouldn't be any issue finding space to use a tripod in most areas, especially after dark.

If you have specific questions about things to see in London I know the city fairly well from a tourist perspective. Feel free to PM me. I'll also see about posting some of my London shots to Flickr...

Stephen

Have to agree about bringing a travel tripod along. Tower Bridge and Westminster both beg to be shot at night.
    Mark - Flickr

FYI Brant, I just uploaded a few photos from London to my flickr page. Added a new album for London. Tried to give a cross-section of some of the main tourist attractions to give you an idea what to expect.

Stephen

Edit: Here is the link - https://www.flickr.com/photos/nfld_s...7651213501922/