Thread: Please tell me that I am not alone on this.

Please tell me that I am not alone on this.

Looking through the s.coyote butte pix. Noticed that in the hurry to get to white pockets we dashed by several great shots. I can see them in the background of some or triangulate between two shots, etc.

500x my desire to go back..

Frustrated with the trade off that short time lines enforce.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

You are not alone on this.
    Have learned to be accepting of what I did get to experience and nearly always want to get back to where I was for more. Keep getting distracted by new places to go though so the list of places to return to just keeps getting longer, never shorter. The problems we do have....

Thanks. Kayaker and I had a session at the bird refuge and part of our conversation was to stop buying gear and use the money to go to these cool places and use the gear we have.

Finding tmi is the next rate limiting step
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Done the same thing, a few times. We get so focused on the destination, we forget to take in the sights and enjoy what's in front of us.
    So now not only do we slow down at the destination, we try not to rush getting there (when on road trips), found many sometimes better attractions along the way.

Sadly....there are more missed opportunities than not. But I think that is part of the game.

In prepping for my Paris trip, I was going back and forth as to if I needed a new lens or not. My end conclusion, I had a good enough kit to get some good shots and that I would never get EVERY good shot.

Always...something gets left on the table. I think the same is true for great destinations as well as what gear you have with you.

BTW, I think it worked out in the end. I haven't run the exact numbers, but >95% of my shots were with the 24-70 II. I was considering the EF 16-35 f/4 IS and, in retrospect, I would not have needed it very often and when I would have the Rokinon 14 f/2.8 worked well.