Thread: Beware of Canon repair!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Beware of Canon repair!

Here's the rub in all of this: the repair form included in the box when the camera came back said something to the effect of "adjustments were made". After the outright failure yesterday, the telephone agent told me what had been done: they replaced a washer. A freaking "service bulletin" for a washer? A re-repair for a washer? No camera for nearly a month (sent in May 19, received back June 2, shipped back June 5, at best I'll get it June 11), for a washer? Wow.

Given the recent restructuring of Canon Professional Services, I'd be surprised (but elated!) if they sent a loaner. For now, I just hope I get the magical "confirmation" email with my repair ticket on Monday, and that they don't sit on it until later in the week.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re: Beware of Canon repair!

That sucks.

I can only suggest pestering them about it regularly. Ask for a loaner if the can't guarantee you having it by Friday. Asking you to wait a reasonable amount of time for a repair is one thing, but not fixing it the first time puts them in a dubious position to be asking that.