Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canon 70d Bundles

Canon 70d Bundles

I have decided on the canon 70d because I want to be able to take good family pictures of my kids in action and also do wildlife and sport Shots while being able to take good video as well. There are so many different options on bundles and lenses that I am clueless. What bundles should I be considering? And what lenses should I be looking at?

That's a good question. The best 70D Bundle for your needs would likely be the one that includes the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM. You can find that one here.

Unfortunately, the EF-S 18-135mm won't likely cover all your needs. It features a great general purpose focal range, STM (quiet) focusing, and image stabilization which makes it well suited for both stills and video recording. If shooting still photos in low light, you may want to consider purchasing a wider-aperture prime like the EF-S 24mm STM or the new EF 50mm f/1.8 STM (both are very affordable). If your children play large field sports, you may also want to consider a telephoto zoom that gives you more reach. One popular (and relatively affordable) option is the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM.

I hope that helps!

Yeah I was looking at it with the 18-135mm I don't really need a bag. What are good memory cards for these? Is there any bundles with just the body and the 18-135mm?

I really wish I could add onto what Sean said. But I agree with those recommendations. I used to own the EFS 15-85 and really enjoyed the combination of it with the 7D. But, looking at a few comparisons, the EFS 18-135 STM is good. On the 7DII images, I would still give the edge to the 15-85, but on the 60D, they looked very similar.

I will say, for landscape shots, 18 mm may not feel wide enough for you at all times. Granted, you didn't list landscapes, but if interested, you may also want to eventually consider the EFS 10-22 or EFS 10-18. I say eventually as I am a fan of "shooting to need." You may want to start shooting with the kit Sean recommended and if you find yourself wanting wider or always using 18 mm, eventually buying a wider lens.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision View Post
    Yeah I was looking at it with the 18-135mm I don't really need a bag. What are good memory cards for these? Is there any bundles with just the body and the 18-135mm?
    Just about any decent memory card will do just fine in the 70D. For an affordable, well-spec'd card, I'd suggest the PNY 64GB Elite Performance 95MB/s UHS-1 SDXC (I've been using the 90MB/s version in my 5D III and it's worked very well).

As far as the 70D + 18-135mm lens bundle is concerned, the bag, SD card and extra battery don't make the bundle any more expensive (and asking B&H for a bundle without the additional items won't make it any less expensive). The extra items are thrown in for free. B&H must charge a specific price (MSRP) for the camera and lens, so throwing in free items is one way to differentiate the retailer from all the other retailers who offer the same camera and lens combo at the identical price.

Ok that makes sense. So in that case going with the 18-135mm lens what is the best bundle that is offered right now?

Via CanonPriceWatch, I see that B&H has the lowest price of all the reputable dealers (non grey-market or random ebay sellers), so you may as well use Sean's link above, as it gives a bit of a referral bonus back to TDP to help keep this site going.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Via CanonPriceWatch, I see that B&H has the lowest price of all the reputable dealers (non grey-market or random ebay sellers), so you may as well use Sean's link above, as it gives a bit of a referral bonus back to TDP to help keep this site going.
    It's the same price at Adorama, too. :-)

What is the best bundle sold on amazon? I see some of those bundles and they look a little better.
    Last edited by BullseyePrecision; 08-16-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Out of these two bundles on amazon which one would you get and why?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HFC...-gL&ref=plSrch

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X51...HVL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk