Thread: AF Microadjustment Help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: AF Microadjustment Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren

Did you take photos just from -5 to +5 or these 2 points where the 2 with the best results?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I took 11 photos (-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,5)

I haven't had time to try Daniel's technique but hope to this week/weekend

What if your lens would be the best at say +6?

Wouldn't it be lovely if Canon released a firmware version including AF Microadjustment for the 40D!!!! Likelyhood is very low but just once it'd be nice if they thought about their existing customers as well as potential customers. I love my 40D but I'd hate to spend big $$$ on a 70-200 f/2.8(if the financial planner gives the go ahead - I don't think I could hide that one and pretend it's always been in the camera bag)and not be able to use it properly if it didn't focus precisely.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I do, too. I am largely very content with my 40D, but I feel that AF microadjustment is a critically important functional addition to a camera. I don't really want a 50D, to be honest, but that one thing might drive me to do it eventually. Either that, or the 1D Mark IV that I know is coming one day. How do I KNOW, you may ask? Because I hear it calling my name! []