I currently purchased a 70-200 2.8 non IS. My set-up now includes:

Rebel XT (I hate it)

Battery grip

70-200 2.8

18-55 3.5-5.6 kit lens

Gitzo tripod and head

Sigma 500 dg st Super flash

Crappy Delicacy 180 strobe set + Alien Bee Cyber Syncs

Where do i go now-- Either a new body 40/50d or Used Mark II OR.. 16-35 2.8/24-70 2.8 also accssories i need on the side are ... :

Monopod, upgrade flash, omni-bouce diffsers, umbrella adapter for sudio set along with wein adapter for smaller strobing with flash. Thanks

Re: Where to now?

You have 1 flash and some studio strobes? How about you invest in more flashes and light modifiers. Umbrellas, softboxes, grids, gels, etc. []

I have stands umbrellas and everything already i was wondering about eiher a body or lens but i do actually need some of that stuff .... i dont really strobe much/...

Since you hate your XT, why not just upgrade the body first. I used to have a XT and it got stolen, so I upgraded to a 40D and never looked back.

------------------------------------------------------

visit: http://www.prphotographyonline.com

------------------------------------------------------

ok thanks for the feedback but i was leening towards that like u said but a wide angle is a must as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12

Rebel XT (I hate it)
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Well, if you hate your XT already then a new body seems like the way to go. But if I had an XT now I'll bear with it and get a 24-70/2.8L instead - I think to jump from the kit lens to 24-70L will make far greater of a difference IQ wise than to upgrade from XT to 50D.

I assume that you do lots of portrait, the 24-70L on a APS-C body is a perfect combination in this regard.

yes thanks but to be brutally honest the fact that its a silver xt Lol makes me annoyed becasue i look like a noob if ya know what i mean. lol either way i think it would be a good upgrade plus my battery gripp is falling apart.

5D Mark II or 1D Mark II?

I'd vote for glass myself.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

You do not mention a budget but you sound like a body or lens but not both?

If you go with the 40D you maybe will have some money left for a lens. The 40D is a great body and you will not be disappointed. You said you like wide angle. The 24-70 does not go very wide on a crop body so you may be prefer the 16-35. If you can not afford both maybe a 40D and a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 or a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and upgrade to an L later. The Tamron is a great lens for the price. I have used it for bridal portraits on an XTi and made very sharp 16x20s with this combination.

Later you do need to upgrade your flash. When I started with an XT I purchased a Sigma flash and it was terrible. The canon flash was a big upgrade. With my 580EXII I use a Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce and get good results.

Hope this helps

Mark
    Mark

Yeah i have the sigma as well it is not good at all.. Thanks for the feedback