I am excited for the trip, wishing I could go now instead of in March. In 2007, I spent 9 weeks traveling across Europe in the fall with just a Rebel XTi & the Canon 28-135 lens, so I think my current camera (6D) and lenses (Canon 24-105 v2 & a 70-200 zoom) should be sufficient. I am not sure what rain cover I have, but I bought it to handle a 200-500mm lens. I honestly haven’t used it since, preferring to use those cheapie rain covers (or a plastic bag in a pinch), though I will pull it out and see if it works for my needs.

I want to travel as light as possible, so the MeFoto tripod it is! I just ordered the Aquatech gloves, so I should know in a few days. I must have 6 pairs of gloves that I don’t like because I don’t have enough tactile sensation, so I am hoping these aren’t added to the stack.

I have a polarizer for the 70-200 (77mm) so I expect it to work on the 24-105 too.

Thanks for reminding me about batteries and memory cards. I have plenty of both, but I do need to check the airlines requirements. Yes, an adapter, I found the most amazing adapter in Switzerland 9 years ago, hope I still have it.

I am looking at carrying a hyperdrive instead of a laptop. A laptop means weight & work, neither of which I want on vacation. If I have to post something on the web, I can transfer from either camera to my phone.

Thanks again!