Thread: Dust on sensor help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The gel stick is a very good solution. I used a similar one, made by Toshiba, and it works great.

Fortunately for a wedding, you are probably shooting with a wide aperture and dust specks will likely not show up (unless they are really huge). Dust specks tend to jump out when you go f/8 or smaller.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    The gel stick is a very good solution. I used a similar one, made by Toshiba, and it works great.

Fortunately for a wedding, you are probably shooting with a wide aperture and dust specks will likely not show up (unless they are really huge). Dust specks tend to jump out when you go f/8 or smaller.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you solve this.
    Now that I am at least a temporary member of the 1 club - I was surprised when I tested the new body (to me) that w/ less than 3k frames it had a bunch of spots about equal w/ my 5dIII which has 40k frames.

So my question is the gel stick works for you? I will try it vs. sending off the body for cleaning etc, etc.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Has anyone used a tethered macro rig to eval the front of the sensor? I would think my 200 w/ extension tubes would give me the working distance I would need. Thoughts?

Mike

Got all the pieces and parts today. I had one spot on the each the FFs that needed the lens pen. The 1D seemed have a bunch of fibers in the mirror box, had to tweeze them out - what a pain. All clean now.