Thread: Tokina Lenses

Tokina Lenses

I noticed lately that Tokina lenses are getting quiet popular, they are out of stock at most places, and are also getting great reviews from consumers.

I recently purchased the 11-16mm and love it, great build quality, fast, very sharp, great color and contrast and affordable. I also ordered the 100mm Tokina macro lens ($150 cheaper then Canon counterpart) which will be here Thursday.

So, (Bryan) I was wondering if we are ever going to see reviews of Tokina lenses on T-D-P.com?

Re: Tokina Lenses

I asked Bryan about Tokina reviews (and specifically the 11-16 f/2.8) a short time ago and he said, "The Tokina 11-16 is on my todo list, butI'm not sure when I'll get to
    it though. I too have heard decent comments about this lens."

So apparently, he's going to get to it (and other) Tokina lenses when he can.

Ive shot with almost every Tokina lens created. I love them, they've been a hidden secret of the 3rd party world for years. Its about time that they get more recognition.

Dang! I almost went with the 2.8 11-16 Tokina, but I went with the Canon 10-22. Maybe when I get paid for what I'll do, I'll invest.

I'll have to hear about your Tokina 100mm macro. I'm in the market for the perpetually back ordered Canon equivalent. Would you mind sending a message here, after you get it?