Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering from B&H...

Re: Ordering from B&H...

Quote Originally Posted by WAFKT
    You'll still be charged C.O.D. for duty - it's possible that UPS includes custom brokerage fees in the shipping cost, that would explain why they've seem so reasonable

That's precisely it. The brokerage fee on UPS Standard is so high that it's actually cheaper to pay for expedited; plus it gets there faster. USPS, if it were available (only for certain few items on B&H IIRC), would be the cheapest option, since Canada Post is only an $8 brokerage fee.

Re: Ordering from B&H...

I have spent in the realm of $5000 at B&H.

I've received instant rebates AFTER receiving my order. Granted it was within the return time frame and I obviously am a 'good' customer, but they could have played hardball and seen if I was willing to pay for the shipping back to them and then re-order the lens.

I've also returned an item to them. They say RMA (return auth numbers) are only good for tens days. I shipped the item back 7 days after getting the RMA number and sent it USPS Ground (so you KNOW it took longer then the 10 days to reach them) and had no problems getting a refund (which I promptly re-spent...)

There are very few only places I would trust with four figure orders, but B&H is one of them.