Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of camera scams?

Re: Anyone else tired of camera scams?

I would like to start this post with an apology to the OP, I did not mean to clutter up (or "hijack") your thread with this. That was not my intention. I really didn't expect anything from my original reply. However, with that:

I want to leave an update to my reply. After speaking with Helen and Joel (from used department) my rare problem with Adorama was VERY QUICKLY, GENEROUSLY, AND PROFESSIONALLY corrected. For me it was unexpected and I honestly thought there was nothing that could be done at that point, but I was incorrect. I'm not going to go into details but it was in fact fixed and it was more than enough which proves that Adorama stands behind their products. Very dedicated to their customers and with knowing that I will be comfortable in buying from both the new AND used departments. Just a couple days ago I really felt that there was no way I would EVER buy used again without being able to inspect the product prior to sending payment.

So, if there was a negative expirience with Adorama, or if this happens to you in the future, make sure to contact customer service because they will rectify the problem. Their excellent reputation is well deserved!!

Thanks Helen,

Rick

MY GOD THEY CHARGED MY CC WITH $2700 FOR A DSL 900 AND THE SAID TO ME THAT THEY LOST THE SHIPMENT AND THAT THEY CAN NOT REFUND THE MONEY,
    I SPOKE TO THE FEDERAL ECONOMIC CRIME PREVIOUSLY
    RIGHT NOW I MUST WAIT FROR MY BANK TO REFUND THE MONEY FOR THE ORDER REGARDING THIS FAKE COMPANY
    EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE AN ADDRESS I WANNA SUE THEM ALSO manos@krystalis.gr AND BTW RIGHT NOW THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF THE COMPANY TO http://www.megadealdigital.com/
    be CAREFULL THEY ARE THIEFTS

Well, the bad news is that everything used to register the domain that scammed you is phony (address on a Portugese island, phone number in Nova Scotia, dummy email address, changes domains every year). Basically, you're gonna have an interesting time getting things set right. However, you should contact Interpol, since the multi-country runaround used to register the domain puts this squarely in their territory.

Sorry I don't have better news for you...

THANK you so much i just did.

I swear to God my friend that if i find who is behind the scene i am gonna be the witness of the history for tHIS ECONOMIC CRIME.

but you gave me many information

the thing is that when they charge your credit card SOMEONE receives the MONEy a company or a person that OWNS a company even if this where ever in the world

so they can find THEM I AM SURE THEY WILL

THANK YOU so much

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial;"]Could anyone recommend some stores they have had good experiences within <st1:country-region w:st="on"]<st1lace w:st="on"]Australia</st1lace></st1:country-region>.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I have tried and been happy with camerasdirect.com and digitalcamerawarehouse.com, but I&rsquo;m up for a genuine bargain and great service like anyone else.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Cheers<o></o>
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial;"]Scott<o></o>

<p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial;"]Could anyone recommend some stores they have had good experiences within <st1:country-region w:st="on"]<st1lace w:st="on"]Australia</st1lace></st1:country-region>.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I have tried and been happy with camerasdirect.com and digitalcamerawarehouse.com, but I&rsquo;m up for a genuine bargain and great service like anyone else.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Cheers<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial;"]Scott<o></o>

One of the old standby golden rules applies VERY well to photography shopping online...

"If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

It's not uncommon for me to find prices nearly half of what the lens lists for... and every time I do I do a Google search on that companies name only to find hoardes of customers that have been taken by them.

The most common tactics? You order something, they call to 'confirm' your order and try to sell you a bunch of side crap (including things that come WITH the item you are buying) and if you don't bite your ordered item suddenly is out of stock with no word on when they will get it in... but they HAVE charged your card for the item. Then you'll have a hard time trying to cancel your order. At best you'll end up having wasted a bunch of your time.

I don't even bother with anything other then the big boys anymore. Even ebay is useless most the time now, it's turned into an "Outlet" shop on 90% of the listings and the ones that are actually legit auctions people get bid fever and end up paying little under what you would for a new lens.

Yeah, I know I sound a bit jadded about it, which is funny cause I've never been burned... but I really do my research on ANY place I'm ordering from online (I also only use a specific credit card for online ordering with a set limit).

The best advice is to always checkthe feedback atwww.reselleratings.combefore parting with your credit card details.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

www.adorama.com
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Hey scott i get most of my gear from

http://digitalimagingonline.com.au/

generally cheaper than DCW. camera direct can be cheaper but not always

and if your in sydney they have a store in bondi junction so you can go there and haggle a little

(i used to have another site which was slightly cheaper but i lost the link when my laptop died)

Awesome ugurmebe I'll check them out. I'm in country Queensland but have found the express post pretty quick and reliable. Thanks again.

Scott