Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

40D

700mm

1/40

iso 500

f/5.6

580 EXII + better beamer -2 1/3 stops

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8206._5F00_MG_5F00_8665.jpg[/img]

Joel, This is stunning---and I love the fall colors in the background---This shot is so sharp, I think I just injured my left eye
    Bob

Conropl, This is a calendar or wall hanger shot---Beautiful.

And.....to all the others: I have been so invloved with my football stuff, I have inadvertantly ignored my other favorite strings and I have clearly missed a bunch. I apologize for the lack of attention lately.
    Bob

Beautiful Joel. Well done

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

Joel, This is stunning---and I love the fall colors in the background---This shot is so sharp, I think I just injured my left eye

Thanks Bob, I couldn't stand it any longer....it looks like the new super tele's are still a year away and found a pristine used 500 f/4 for less than 1/2 the price of a new 600 so I went for it!!!

This was a trial shot on my old 40D with the 1.4 TC. Should be ready for Bosque now.

Went for a driveyesterday eveningchasing this storm. There was lightning bloody everywhere! There's been a heap of electrical storms around this week as we've had both dust storms and bush fires so the lightning's been amazing.It's a bit earlier in the year than normal for the storms to start so it looks like we're in for a big wet season. Will have another look and see what happens over the weekend.

The lighting in the foreground here was from a floodlight I have in the tray of my 4WD. I used the Canon 17-40mm here - needed quite a bit of distortion correction to get the post next to the gate reasonably straight so I lost a little of the image but I like how it came out. So far I'm enjoying the 17-40mm. I'm still craving something even wider though but until I can save up for a fast prime normal lens (possibly Canon 50mm f/1.2L or Sigma 85mm f/1.4) and the Canon 14mm f/2.8L I'll stick with this one.

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-40mm f/4L @ ISO 400, 13sec exposure, f/5.0. Tripod mounted on Really Right Stuff TVC 34L. That reminds me - I'm supposed to do a review of that tripod for you. See what happens today.

Private Lightning by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

Cheers,

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    I couldn't stand it any longer....it looks like the new super tele's are still a year away and found a pristine used 500 f/4 for less than 1/2 the price of a new 600 so I went for it!!!

no wonder it's 700mm. Joel, Congratulations! it looks like a very sharp copy, we can expect more stunning shots coming from you!

Planted my first daylilies in the garden. I don't know much about them, but at $25 a pop, they better be special. This is the first flower of the first one, there are about 6 buds under this flower so it should look pretty impressive once they all come out. The colours certainly are very vibrant.

[/:650:0]

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Ben....great picture.....I really like how you captured lightning in multiple parts of the frame.

Steve...very nice lilly. But considering I still have snow on the ground....it hurts, just a little If your day lillies are anything like ours, the benefit is that they are very drought tolerant and bloom much of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    I couldn't stand it any longer....it looks like the new super tele's are still a year away and found a pristine used 500 f/4 for less than 1/2 the price of a new 600 so I went for it!!!

no wonder it's 700mm. Joel, Congratulations! it looks like a very sharp copy, we can expect more stunning shots coming from you!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Joel, Congrats on the new glass. I am confident you will be very happy with it. It's a great lens and should suit your needs well on your upcoming trip . Two suggestions if you haven't already done so:

1. Update your insurance

2.Consider a Gimbal head, The Wimberly Sidekick is a great compromise and holds the 500 very well.---I love mine and haven't even thought about a full size gimbal head since I purchased it.

I can't wait to see what you do with this new lens

Bob