Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Comparison images with 7D II and 5D III with same lens from same distance.........

http://www.birdsasart-blog.com
    That was enlightening. The results are very similar to what we found in the old 7D vs 5D II debate.
    I think with more comparisons you see more of the same.
    A bit less noise with the 5D III and the 7D II just a bit sharper.

The deciding factor for me with the older version was the AF system.

My guess is that what we find with the 7D II is that in focal length limited situations that the 7D II will be equal to and possibly just a bit better than the FF bodies. Weight is a big difference making it a good option for my wildlife camera.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Add me to the list of people who have pre-ordered the 7DII w/ 18-135 STM and 24-70f/4L. The 18-135 is for video use, so the fact that it's not perfectly sharp, or super fast, is acceptable. The 24-70 f/4L because it's $920 off when purchased with the 7DII. Why Canon is pushing the 24-70 with a crop body I don't understand, but my 1Ds2 will enjoy it's new toy, replacing the used, discontinued, 28-70 f/3.5-4.5.

You can blame Stuart's 70D high-ISO example shots for my order. I know I plan to. (Sorry Stuart )
    TDP forum....helping each other spend more money since 2005....

Congrats David.....The more I read, the more impressed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Add me to the list of people who have pre-ordered the 7DII w/ 18-135 STM and 24-70f/4L. The 18-135 is for video use, so the fact that it's not perfectly sharp, or super fast, is acceptable. The 24-70 f/4L because it's $920 off when purchased with the 7DII. Why Canon is pushing the 24-70 with a crop body I don't understand, but my 1Ds2 will enjoy it's new toy, replacing the used, discontinued, 28-70 f/3.5-4.5.
    This must be a Canadian thing, at least I didn't see that combo at B&H or Adorama.

7D II shipping on October 30th.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. I have pre-ordered before.
    I have pre-ordered at the local camera store and I have received my order two weeks before Adorama and B&H shipped the first batches.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...spx?News=12718

Hopefully the 7D II isn't postponed for months like the 1D X. If anyone remembers the 1D X was announced before the 5D III and the 5D III beat it to the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    This must be a Canadian thing, at least I didn't see that combo at B&H or Adorama.
    Yup, it's a Canadian thing, plus I can register my pre-order and get some gift pack with a 7DII jacket, and a mini replica of Canon's first camera and some other things... but I give up my option to return the camera. I think I'm going to skip that part of the pre-order bonuses.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Does anyone know if the 7D battery will work in the new 7DII? They have a similar designation, except for the N.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    Does anyone know if the 7D battery will work in the new 7DII? They have a similar designation, except for the N.
    I've read elsewhere that the new N batteries are backward compatible in the 7D/6D/5DIII etc but the old ones don't work in the 7DII

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    From Canon USA's website:

"Battery
    1 Battery Pack LP-E6N (or LP-E6)

With AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6, AC power is possible,
    With Battery Grip BG-E16, two battery packs (LP-E6N or LP-E6) can be used. Or six AA-/LR6 batteries can be used"

Located near the bottom of the webpage.

I've actually read it both ways online, but, to me, Canon is saying that you can use the LP-E6 battery with the 7DII.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-24-2014 at 04:23 PM.

i remember from one of the reviews someone said it it the same battery but higher milliamps for the new one.
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by sedwards View Post
    i remember from one of the reviews someone said it it the same battery but higher milliamps for the new one.
    Yeah, I was looking for the details....so far, I've only found this:

Availability
    The EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR camera is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in November 2014 for an estimated retail price of $1,799.00 for the body only and $2,149.00 bundled with an EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. It will utilize a new LP-E6N lithium ion battery pack with increased storage capacity. The LP-E6N is fully compatible with the LC-E6 battery charger, which will be supplied as a standard item in all EOS 7D Mark II body only and zoom lens kits. Also scheduled to be available are the new optional Battery Grip BG-E16 and optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A Version 2, with shipping dates and estimated retail pricing to be announced at a later date. Both the EOS 7D Mark II camera and Battery Grip BG-E16 are backwards-compatible to the current LP-E6 lithium ion battery pack.