Page 111 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1477

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Here are some from the DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge. I think these qualify as nature???? Little story behind these...the refuge where these were taken was under 10 feet of water last summer from the Missouri River flooding. Where there use to be miles of vegetation and wildlife, there is now a muddy mess. For example, I didn't notice most of the poison ivy hanging from some of the trees since they weren't covered with vegetation and were just the vines themselves. My friend pointed them out before I did any real damage to myself. Apparently the vines, even dead, still can give you a nasty case of the itchy scratchies for up to 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I know all of you are probably growing very tired of seeing my deer photos but there really isn't a whole heck of a lot to choose around here this time of year and they are much more
    Not at all Denise...keep going we need pictures of the big boys as well...Like this one I took in KS two years ago. After this encounter I found my self upgrading to the 1D IV.

KansasBuck1 by hdnitehawk01, on Flickr

KansasBuck3 by hdnitehawk01, on Flickr

Nice shots jayson. Love #4.

Yep, #4 is my favorite also, Jayson although all of them are very good! I really like the lighting on #4.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Not at all Denise...keep going we need pictures of the big boys as well...Like this one I took in KS two years ago. After this encounter I found my self upgrading to the 1D IV.

KansasBuck1 by hdnitehawk01, on Flickr
    I love this shot! I wish I could find something other than the mama's and her babies but no luck yet!

I love this shot! I wish I could find something other than the mama's and her babies but no luck yet!
    I like baby shots, but it is still early in the year for those.

The best time to find the big ones is when they are wanting to make the babies. This fellow was in a Kansas field, and I walked fairly close to him. He would have never run at all and I could have gotten real close, except for one thing. The doe he was courting decided she wanted to run, he wouldn't budge as long as she didn't. The rut has already passed and the antlers are going to be falling off soon. But...later in the spring when the antlers are in velvet we can get some good pics. This guy is probably a 1/1000 deer, even in Kansas you don't see them this big that often.

This time of year once the antlers fall off, it gets hard to get interesting shots. Our next big chance will be spotted babies in a few months.

IMG_2244 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    Denise.. That's freaking great! Love it.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

If I get in a wildlife rut.. or just want to make it easy on myself.. I can always go shoot these old men.

IMG_4405 by RVier199, on Flickr
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

That's what you shoot when you are in a rut!? I would be so excited to capture a shot like this, much more exciting than shooting doe! Fantastic shot, Rocco!

Good day for finding some difficult to shot animals. I was headed out to go do some walking around a local pond and found a Snow Owl just down the road from my house. Then I found a beaver in the pond.

Later in the day I found the Owl on a much more photogenic perch (same place I saw him yesterday), but he was to far away... I need to go talk to the owner of the property and see if I can get a better pic in the future.

Snow Owl-1571 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Beaver-8264 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr