Page 114 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1477

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Not sure how I missed this one, but it is a great shot. Beautiful colors and reflection.
    Thank you, Pat! It is my favorite place nearby to watch the sunset!

Thanks Pat. It was a great trip. I'd recommend Costa Rica to anyone...as long as they can tolerate the roads....

Stephen. Cano Negro was great. I wish I had more time. I went there expecting to see a ton of birds, but only saw a few (but a lot of other wildlife). I don't think our boat tour made it very far into the refuge and I have a feeling there is a lot more to see. Next time I will go with one of the more specialized tours that are out longer. I enjoyed all of the parks I went to as we had good luck in Carara and Manuel Antonio National parks as well. That is interesting about the Amazon, but makes sense. The farmland around each of Costa Rica's parks/refuges likely does consolidate the wildlife.

Still processing photos .

Hi Brant, fantastic shots of those howler monkeys, sounds like a a great trip. You probably didn'y know where to point your camera next. Lovely detail and exposure on those shots.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Great stuff on this thread too. Here is a little addition from me.
    Weather was kind of gray but I still got some okay shots of deer and a first for me: a fox!
    The first one is very heavily processed as it was very dark and I saw them when I was walking to the field but it makes for an interesting photo nevertheless.

If you are interested to see some more photos from the same day you can see them in my blog
    Thanks for viewing and keep up the good work everyone!
    Last edited by qwRad; 04-17-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Great shots! I've never seen a fox in real life as well. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Great shots! I've never seen a fox in real life as well. Cool
    Thanks Jan. I've seen one before a few times.Even quite near my home here in the city since we have a large park and some small forest and hill patches around here. But this was the first time I had my camera ready and was prepared for one. It was so great that he came back near the hunting tower where I was sitting since I thought I was late and wouldn't see him again after the early morning encounter.

While out hiking yesterday I spotted a herd of red deer grazing in a clearing in the forest. I think the snow at higher levels had driven them down the hill. I have often got shots of the backside of a deer running away from me, but this time I think they had safety in numbers as they kept a watchful eye on me. It's a shame that the longest lens I had with me was 200mm, so this is cropped to about a quarter of the frame.

5D Mark II, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 200mm, f/8, 1/400s, ISO 400

Since we seem to have a deer and fox theme at the moment, here's my best picture of an arctic fox in its summer coat, taken in Svalbard three years ago.

5D Mark II, EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM @ 400mm, f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 125

How do u post pics on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecake80 View Post
    How do u post pics on here?
    I do it through Flickr.
    To attached photos directly from your computer - the link below explains it (I got this through the FAQ link in the header above)
    http://community.the-digital-picture...b3_attachments
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr