Page 116 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Another Ring Billed Gull from my outing in the frigid air yesterday .... the sun popped out for a short time and I was able to turn off my flash for this one.

1DMKIII

300mm 2.8l + 1.4TCII

Hand held

Manual mode

ISO 800

f/8

1/3200

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2727.343V0377.jpg[/img]

Taken at the park sitting in the car. Cropped about half the frame for the picture as I only have the 70-200f4L IS and Kenko 1.4xtc.

Jayson, nice shot! like the exposure and sharpness, background looks very dreamy! your kenko TC always gives me surprise! I was wondering if you can cropped a little tighter to get rid of those small branches and still have a enough details on the subject?

Joel, thanks s lot for the comments. would you explain how will a NR filter work in this situation?

and this is the picture I took today in La Jolla, not a very good day, lighting is not very good, only have few keepers and this is one of them

7D, 500mm, f4.5, 1/2000,ISO 400

thanks for viewing!

Jayson, great capture! The colors and bokeh are very nice, I would like to see it in a larger size.

Dan

Dan & JJ - Your GBH shots are awesome!!! Sure make the ones I captured past summer look like they were dying from starvation!

Denise

JJphoto,

In your GBH shot the background looked a little noisy or grainy to me. You could smooth that out with the noise reduction filter and your subject will look better because of it. Here is how I perform that function after all final editing and sharpening :

1. Layer ---- Duplicate Layer ---- opens a window to duplicate the current layer, hit OK

2. The duplicate layer will be visible now and should be highlighted as well over to the right side of the screen in the layers window

3. Filter ---- Noise ---- Reduce Noise ---- set strength to maximum and preserve detail, sharpening to minimum ---- OK

4. Layer ---- Create Layer Mask ---- Reveal all

5. Paint brush tool (set to 100% opacity and look at the two little squares at the bottom of the tool bar :black is on top) ---- adjust the brush size as needed with bracket keys and paint over the bird only. Be very careful on the edges not to spill pver much. This will reveal the layer underneath so only the BG will be seen to have NR.

6. Layer --- flatten image ---- voila!

Joel

Sorry ,Joel, I thought you were talking about something like ND filter[:$]

I should have done some NR but it looked ok in PS, pictures in this forum do look noisier.

JJ, Thanks for the comments. I attempted the cropping a little tighter and I think it still did a good job of maintaining some details. Don't think I could blow it up too much in a print, but here are the two pictures at 800 px. dhesling, here is the full sized picture and then re-cropped and removal of some branches.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4135.2011_5F00_01_5F00_06_5F00_11455-full.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1738.2011_5F00_01_5F00_06_5F00_11455-copy-a.jpg[/img]

Wow, I like this cropped one and your 1.4XTC too. good job!

Jayson, very nice! You were still able to retain lots of detail!