Page 133 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3980

Thread: Post your best current shots

Great shots Denise Jonathan & Chad.
    Dave congrats on the 5D, looks like you are having fun & getting good results.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks, Steve!

When I saw these guys out in a boat today, I just had to take a shot at this very rare site! Many fisherman look forward to ice fishing in the winter months in Wisconsin! This winter was very unseasonably warm with very little snow. Seeing fisherman in a boat in February around here is a very, very rare! In fact, it is probably the first time ever!

No ice fishing this winter! by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Through my back out about a week ago and the pain is only getting worse and to top it off now I have the flu! I'm averaging about 3 hrs. of sleep a night but it was such a beautiful day outside that I was determined to go out shooting and enjoy it!

These aren't the greatest but I'll take them!

IMG_7821 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_7820 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Did you ever want to just cry when you mess up the chance at some really good shots or is it just a female thing? LOL!

Denise

Maybe I shouldn't have let my daughter drive the truck ...

IMG_7956 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

LOL!

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    here's a few from tonight.

Cuban Tree Frog

Saw the Screech Owls again tonight...they must be making a nest nearby, because my housemate randomly decided to imitate their call while were out in our backyard (Yes this type of thing is common when you have wildlife biologists living together, and no I don't suggest this technique for attracting animals to photograph, because, strictly speaking its considered harassing the animal, He didn't do it with the intent of actually attracting the owls) and they immediately came into our yard to investigate. I hate not having my telephoto lens with birds like this around.

And finally, one from a few days ago, its a pygmy Rattlesnake. I did a psuedo-HDR to it, because it really looked like it was lacking something. But Im not sure if I like it or not. opinions?

Thanks for looking

Nick

Nick, I like the owl, and the frog. With the rattlesnake though, there isn't any lighting variation, making it really hard to see it's shape. I mean, I can follow the curve of it's markings, but there are no lighting cues as to the shape, and my brain rejects it.

I thought I'd try out Corel Aftershot Pro (as new Corel employee I figured anything I can get with an employee discount is worth checking out ) I'll give a review a bit later, as I've only used it for 3 days. I'll save details for later, but should any of you download a trial, don't give up immediately! My initial 5 minute impression wasn't good at all. Since then, I've dug into the preferences and turned off the 'redraw in such a way that you can't subtly edit anything' feature, and learned to use the complicated and not very obvious what it's doing save dialog (when a programmer needs to load up the help page in order to use the save dialog, it's not intuitive!). After a few WTF moments, AfterShot now has a fighting chance of being something I'll consider using. There are things I like, and things I don't. I'll reserve judgment until I've had more time to play with it.

Here's an image with the 'Cross Processing' filter applied:

Bella pigtails by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

Nice photo, David! I am interested in reading your review as soon as you post it. So far though, it doesn't sound to user friendly. I just bought NIK Color Efex Pro 4, is this program similar to that as far as providing various filters? Color Efex does have cross processing with about 19 varieties to choose from under the cross processing. It also has a bunch of other filters, some I'm not so sure what anyone would use them for! I like this one that you have applied!

.....this thread exploded yesterday with a bunch of great shots. First, thanks for the comments of mine from last week. Second...nice work everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
    @Dave, Out of curiosity, why such a fast aperture and shutter speed? Obviously you had a ton of light. Your DoF gets the chicken in-focus, why not bring it to f/5.6 or f/8?
    To be honest, I was just inside the building a few seconds prior and that shot of the chicken was kind of an impromptu portrait, If I thought about it, I probably would have narrowed it down more.

Thanks for the critique though, that helps noobs like me.

Dave.

So many great shots here over the last couple of days. Everyone has been busy this week.

A couple of weeks ago I posted some shots of the blowing snow (hard to capture). So last weekend I went back to see if I could get some of the resultant snow drifts. There was some neat formations with a little bit of the beach sand mixed in. Here are a couple:

Snow Drift-8789 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Snow Drift-8788 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr