Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Re: Post your best Macro shots

Great story, Very Funny!

Bob, tell your Wife that the reason there are no bugs in the house is because the spider ate them all!

Rich

I should add though ...if your really determined Bob, you can always go to your local pet store. They sell plenty of bugs such as crickets, etc. for people to feed to their pets.

These two were taken with my 70-200mm f/4 IS lens and the new "used" 77mm 500d close-up lens (w/ adapter) that I just bought off FM ...

Not the best IQ but ok in a pinch when I don't have my dedicatedmacro lens with or in a area where switching lenses wouldn't be a wise decision.

This was taken with my 100mm f/2.8 IS macro lens. One of the first perennials to acknowledge that spring is indeed coming!

This one was taken with my 90mm TS-E and a Kenko extension tube. Sitll alot to learn with this lens but it is definitely one of my favorites...

Very nice work Denise. I really like the first pic and that close up lens does a surprisingly nice job. I have never used one, but I will be interested in seeing more shots with it.

BTW, no bugs at Walmart either----packed up for the day.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I should add though ...if your really determined Bob, you can always go to your local pet store. They sell plenty of bugs such as crickets, etc. for people to feed to their pets.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Nice idea Denise but no pet stores where I live, not even a bait shop[]. But thas ok, the bugs will be here soon enough, and its time to start setting up for those hummers as well.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams
    I really like the first pic and that close up lens does a surprisingly nice job. I have never used one, but I will be interested in seeing more shots with it.

I like it, too, Denise!

I took a 500D close-up lens to China with me for use on my 70-200mmII, rather than packing the 100mm L Macro for the relatively limited amount of close-up shooting I expected to do. With the MFD of the 70-200 II, the 500D gets it to a respectable 0.60x magnification.

These were shot at a silk brocade factory/museum with the 70-200 II + 500D:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_brain/5514880541/in/set-72157626238243708/lightbox/][/url]
    EOS 5D Mark II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L IS II USM @ 200mm with 500D close-up lens, 1/50 s, f/2.8, ISO 3200

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5810.Threads.jpg[/img]
    EOS 5D Mark II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]LIS II USM @ 200mm with 500D close-up lens, 1/160 s, f/2.8, ISO 2500

Nice shots, John! That

After shooting our engagement rings, I decided to try my high school ring. It proved much tougher (because of the mirror-like onyx inset. At the end of the day, I founds something I liked even though I knew it wasn't perfect.

It is very tough to manage the reflections on types of jewelry. I do that on the side and had to do a bunch of stuff to manage reflections. Good luck experimenting. Looks good. Glad your venturing into the little life!

Very nice first attempt into the macro world, Sean! You are going to be down on your knees outside searching for bugs in no time!!