Page 14 of 398 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Nice shots, Jayson! We always have an air show every year where I live and I was all ready this year ...and we didn't have one Hopefully next year!

Few shots from today ...

<a>[/URL]

Thanks Denise. I was amazed at how big those RC airplanes actually are!!!

Are those last shots taken with your 90mm T/S. If so, shame on me for thinking you should have purchased something else [], that lens is very nice indeed!

From the American River in Sacramento, CA this evening:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x427/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8037.river.jpg[/img]

I headed off to these normally calm little cascades to find water roaring instead. I was really trying to just get some nice abstracts of water motion today, when all of a sudden this little guy showed up. Talk about luck. I didn't have my cable release attached and just happened to click my 2 sec auto timer when this guy landed, waited for the exposure to be completed, then dashed off. He must've been on this rock for no more than 3 seconds.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x427/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3531.bird.jpg[/img]

<span style="color: #000000;"]<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"]A couple from this weekend. The rain's been beautiful, nice and cool for a change at least.

5D Mark II, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, @ ISO 100, f.2.8, 200mm, 1/5000sec

<span style="color: #000000;"]<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"]
    Oh noes! by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

5D Mark II, 24-70mm f/2.8L @ ISO 100, f/10, 24mm, 25sec. B+W 10 stop ND Filter attached.

Downstream East Leichardt by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Ben, very cool stuff here. I love the tennis shoe shot, reminds me of the days when my brothers would throw my shows up on the barn, or vice versa. I really like the stream shot, very dramatic. Pefect shutter speed on the waterfall and great detail and color on the rocks on each side of the stream. Even a little hint of a rainbow in the background. . Also, the vignetting works very well with this shot. Did you use any HDR software for this or is this all the effect of the ND filter and some post magic?

Nice work,

Bob
    Bob

Spring is exploding in Missouri. Recent photos of student finds in herpetology class:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1108.crucifer-2.jpg[/img]

Spring peeper

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1258.Eft-2.jpg[/img]

Red eft

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5381.Red-Back.jpg[/img]

Red back salamander

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3060.Ambystoma-eggs.jpg[/img]

Spotted salamander eggs. I was pretty upset we didn't find any adults. Must have just missed them. Hopefully there are still a few that haven't made it to the ponds yet. Finding an adult spotted salamander really gets the kids hooked.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0777.Red-Belly-2.jpg[/img]

Only one snake. Any guesses on what kind? I'll give you a hint with the next picture.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4062.Red-Belly.jpg[/img]

It's a Redbelly snake.

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Thanks Bob. I actually went up to the lookout here in town to get a shot of a storm rolling across the mine site, but then I saw that shoe on the roof of the picnic area and had a bit of a vision. I really like those simple shots, they often tell a story. I think I'll blow that one up and frame it. I've got a series of shots like this framed on one wall of the lounge room so it'll fit in with the rest of them. I am starting to run out of wall space though - but it's nice to have a bit of your own work on show.

The shot of the stream came out really nicely, but it does take a lot of post work. The ND6 warms everything up significantly, so the colour temperature slider gets dragged back to the left for any shot I use that particular filter on. The vignetting was mostly a result of the filter, but it was in the last hour of so of light with a lot of wind so the clouds were moving really quickly and casting strange shadows over the rocks so that also had some influence. I've never been hugely successful with HDR so I tend to steer clear of it. This one was just a bit of trickery in post to bring out detail where needed. I had to drop the saturation a huge amount because the combination of the warming effect from the filter and the warm light due to the time of day made it look like it was shot on Mars or something. Then just a few curve adjustments, some dodging on the highlights in the water and a little burning in the sky.

[Y]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Went to a portrait session in a local park and took some shots of a young model, Kara. Lighting was an issue as we only had a reflector and a diffuser, but it was good fun and I enjoyed trying a few different techniques.

A couple that are blown out and heaps of flare, but I still like them.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

The Hindu wedding was beautiful. These people know how to celebrate. What a wonderful experience.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4405.Image_2D00_0351_5F00_pp.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1145.Image_2D00_0461.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0486.Image_2D00_1151_5F00_pp.jpg[/img]

Mark
    Mark

WOW, Mark!!! Everything about these photos is fantastic!! Lighting is spot on perfect! Really beautiful!

Denise