Page 144 of 558 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

I like the hawk pict's.

Is that you in the reflection in the birds eye on the second picture? Great detail on the hawks.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Ninja, nice shots! I like the last one the best!, I especially like the the lights hitting on the wings and the reflection.

I 'd like to add some opinions. the fifth picture, it seems that the whites are over exposed.white birds like this egret are very bright usually brighter than you think especially in sunny day.

also, you tend to put the birds in center of the frame which we usually want to avoid. so you may want to work on the composition a little more.

just my 2 cents. keep shooting and have fun!

Here are some from yesterday, what do ya think?

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4857.007_5F00_DxO-reduced.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0317.008_5F00_DxO-reduced.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2474.009_5F00_DxO.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

All of these were taken using the better beamer and Minolta auto 360PX flash set to a low flash power in manual mode, TTL metering doesn't work on my 60D. The Pilated Woodpecker took me by suprise and could only take one shot of it before it flew off, so I didn't have timeadjust my settings. I'll try him again later on a set upperch.

John.

Just thought I'd contribute something- I get time to look at all of your great photos now and again but rarely time to post so now that I have a chance, here's one I shot last week.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1500x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5340._5F00_MG_5F00_2749_2D00_2.jpg[/img]

These little buggers are fast but a got lucky on a frame or two.

5dmkII 135mm f/5.6 1/1000 sec

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1500x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6811._5F00_MG_5F00_0807_2D00_2.jpg[/img]

This one from my leave to CA. 5DII 135mm f/2 1/8000 sec

John, Very nice shots. Great pastel background on the first two.

Here are a couple I grabbed yesterday. On the sparrow, I tried my hand at a little photoshop working on subject isolation (something like joel's recipe)---But I definately need some more practice. I think I over cooked the gaussian blur and I could notfigure out how to remove the halo from around the birds head and chest.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1106.IMG_5F00_1614.jpg[/img]

Hmmm, The shot above is quite a bit darker when uploaded and allow tdp to convert the size. Normally I resize when I export from Lightroom, but this time I just let TDP resize---But not a bad effect, just unexpected.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8156.IMG_5F00_1573.jpg[/img]
    Bob

Nice shots Bill, the halo looks like an HDR.Before I read you over cooked the background I thought you did that on purpose.[]

Second shot could usea little fill flashto soften the shadows, I had the exact same problem yesterday with hard shadows with those sparow shots. But a littleflash fixed it really nicely.The better beamer totally rocks for birds![Y]

Cheers,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    Whoops, I spelled it wrong! I ment to crop it in a vertical/portriat oriantation instead of a horizontal/landscape oriantation.

Isn't it already in portrait? You just mean cropped tighter or what?

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by conropl
    Is that you in the reflection in the birds eye on the second picture? Great detail on the hawks.

Yeah, I was hoping that would come through when they got resized. If you look carefully, you can see the reflection in the second and third pics.

Thanks!
    </div>

Vertical means up and down, like in a vertical battery grip. Take a brick and stand it on it's short end. Horizontal means side to side, take the brick and set it down on it's long side.

What I mean is to crop it tighter, but also in a portrait oriantation. Rather than in a landscape oriantation as it is now.

Hope that helps, and if not just give a holar[Y]

Cheers,

John.

I know what portrait and landscape are. The fifth picture with the white egret is already in portrait orientation...

... or am I really missing something here?

John (as in Fast Glass), I