Page 15 of 558 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

M.Mobin,

I love your pelican shot and the last one as well. To be honest the lastimage appears to be over sharpened. It could have happend when you resized it for the web or just me but thats the only thing I would change.

Fred~

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Doane

M.Mobin,

I love your pelican shot and the last one as well. To be honest the lastimage appears to be over sharpened. It could have happend when you resized it for the web or just me but thats the only thing I would change.

Fred~
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

hi
    <div dir="ltr"]
    <div id="tts_button" title="Listen to this
    translation" style="float: left; margin: 2px 6px 0pt 0pt; display: block;"]
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player.swf" id="tts_object" width="18" height="18"]
    <param value="http://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player.swf" name="movie" />
    <param value="sound_name=" name="flashvars" />
    <param value="transparent" name="wmode" />
    <param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess" />
    </object>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div dir="ltr"]<span id="result_box" class="short_text"]<span style="background-color: #ffffff;" title="???? ???? ????? ???"]Thanks for your post</div>
    <div dir="ltr"]
    </div>
    <div dir="ltr"]
    </div>
    <div dir="ltr"]
    </div>
    <div dir="ltr"]
    <div dir="ltr"]
    <div id="tts_button" title="Listen to this
    translation" style="float: left; margin: 2px 6px 0pt 0pt; display: block;"]
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player.swf" id="tts_object" width="18" height="18"]
    <param value="http://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player.swf" name="movie" />
    <param value="sound_name=" name="flashvars" />
    <param value="transparent" name="wmode" />
    <param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess" />
    </object>
    </div>
    <span id="result_box" class="short_text"]<span style="background-color: #ffffff;" title="??? ???? ????"]Images without editing</div>
    </div>

raw&gt;jpeg +resize

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.24/IMG_5F00_1355-as-Smart-Object_2D00_2.jpg[/img]

LENSE: Canon 100-400 IS USM
    Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
    Image Date: 2010:02:11 15:19:32
    Flash Used: No
    Focal Length: 400.0mm
    Exposure Time: 0.0020 s (1/500)
    Aperture: f/6.3
    Focus Distance: 5.46m
    ISO equiv: 320
    White Balance: Auto
    Metering Mode: Matrix
    Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
    Photographer: Masoud Mobin Ali

Again, very nice shot! If you have photoshop you can remove the branch in the background that is "growing" out of the bird's head...

I don't believe I've posted this one yet, If I have, my apologies...

Anyway, Last saturday we got 30''+ of snow. As no roads were plowed, I was stuck at home and so had some time to do some bird photography during the snowfall&ndash;Here's my favorite:

Canon 7D + 300mm f/4L IS @ 300mm, f/5.6, 1/250, ISO 320. Manual Exposure, Handheld, Mode 1 IS, 19-pt AF.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/840x1120/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3276.jpg[/img]

C&amp;C welcome.

brendan

I totally forgot that I had a few bird pictures. I only have one wide angle lens and a normal lens.

Both shot with 30D and a rented 100-400L in alaska.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.61/bird.jpg[/img]

@ 400mm, f5.6, 1/60, ISO400

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.61/greathornedowl.jpg[/img]

@400mm, f5.6, 1/200, ISO500

Perhaps you could have used a wider aperture so the bird isn't motion-blurred? iso-400 is very usable as well. Bird-in-flight photo's generally require a very fast shutter speed...

[img]file:///C:/Users/Matthew/Documents/My%20Pictures/Canon/Edited/breakfast.JPG[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.55/Breakfast_5F00_by_5F00_Overkill_5F00_mg.jpg[/img]

I don't really take many bird shots but I just snapped this one an hour of so ago. I think it's a Yellow Honey Eater but I'm not entirely sure (feel free to correct me). I keep seeing these guys hanging out in the back yard but every time I get the camera out and open the back door they take off.

I was particularly ninja today though and managed to fire off a few before they flew away. This little fella is sitting atop my good old Hill's Hoist(that's a clothes line for you Northern Hemispherites).

40D, ISO 400, 70-200mm f/4L IS @ 200mm and f/4, 1/250 sec.

Some noise reduction in CS4 with the bird masked out, then sharpened the bird only using smart sharpen filter, 0.4 radius and 90%.

C &amp; C very welcome. [Y]

Cheers, Ben.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.34/Yellow-honeyeater-WEB.jpg[/img]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

American Kestrel (male)

Too bad the fence was somewhat a distraction, A Kestrel had never let me get this close before. I set up a perch and came back 3 days in a row but the bird didn't cooperate.

40D + 500 f/4L IS, f/6.3, 1/1250, ISO 400, manual expsoure, handheld

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen

American Kestrel (male)

Too bad the fence was somewhat a distraction, A Kestrel had never let me get this close before. I set up a perch and came back 3 days in a row but the bird didn't cooperate.

40D + 500 f/4L IS, f/6.3, 1/1250, ISO 400, manual expsoure, handheld

Nate, whenever I see your name appear under the "Post Your Best Bird Shots!" thread, I know I'm in for something good. And this shot does not dissapoint - I think the colours are great.