Page 160 of 558 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72
    C&C's are welcome

well, all you need is a bigger gun Brent![], BTW, the the GBH in flight is my favorite.

Hey Brant,

Nice exposure of the black and white feathers on the first one. I also like the portrait crop and composition. The only way it would be better was if the bird was facing the lens.

Nice capture on the 2nd one!

I love the mirror-like reflection of the last one!

Rich

JJphoto

If you ever get another camera and Canon is still doing the rebate on the picks 9000 or 9500 go for it. So far I haven

JJ thats pixma 9000 9500 not picks 9000

I hate iPhones auto spell correct

Some people think that the Dye Inks are more vibrant than the Pigment Inks. But what they think is more dull is actually more color tones and will look duller but also more nuances. You can turn up the saturation in the printer or the picture and will look more life like than Dye Inks. Also Pigment Inks have a different luminance and look more holographic than Dye Inks which absorb more into the paper than Pigment Inks. They are suposed to last longer but even the life span of Dye Inks would be more than suffcient more most people! Thats becomes more important for archival type prints.

I use the Epson R1900 becuase it was in the same price range as the Pro 9000 and had Pigment Ink and I really like the look and colors better on the Pigment Ink, it makes that big of a differance. I have some third party Dye Inks designed for the R1900 and I'm sure there not quite the same quality as the genuine Epson ink but it's has the same differance. There are some third party ink suppliers that claim to have better ink than OEM inks, I'll try those and let you know how they are.

BTW, I only print in high gloss and they are amazing! I haven't seen a printing service or print nearly as good as the prints than I have done myself. Once you print you don't even want to look at your monitor anymore.

John.

so much good information guys, i need time to digest it. not a good time to buy any gear because we are moving and that

Just tell her with xx amount of prints of say 13"x19"[] the Epson R1900or Pro9000 will come free!And you have a printer that will last a long time afterwards. Just for referance you can do a 13x19 for about $2.50 with the highest grade Epsonpaper, the paper alone is about $2. Canon's best is about $1.30 and second best about $0.70. The ink costs are about the same for my Epson or the Canon, actually a little better on the Canon but not much. And of course if you buy bulk you can save also.

Cheers,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

well, all you need is a bigger gun Brent![img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img], BTW, the the GBH in flight is my favorite.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

JJ...That is exactly what I tell myself every time I buy a lottery ticket [:P]. Someday. For now I plan to make do with what I have and build up all my support gear (filters, tripod, software, etc).

Rich....thanks for the comments. Yesterday was a lot of fun.

Brant

A young Brown pelican portrait from Florida last fall with 1D MKIII and rental 500mm ....iso 400 1/1250 f/8

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0525.343V1078.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

. so i'm thinking go with the mipx first,

<span style="font-size: 10px;"]

<span style="font-size: 10px;"]JJ .... I have had great results with Mpix .... they have a great variety of paper and different ways they can mount or frame the finished print .... I think I paid $70 each for the 16 X 20 standouts on their glossy metallic paper. They arrive very professionally packed, in pristine condition and ready to hang on the wall. I was very pleased. I have done some 8 X 10 prints at home on an HP printer and they are nice as well but it would be very expensive to go bigger than 13 X 19 at home, especially if you,re not going to be printing alot of images over time.