Page 170 of 558 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3343.325.JPG[/img]

55-250 mm lens. F/5.6 - 250 mm, 400 ISO, 1/800

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3051.324.JPG[/img]

55-250 mm, 250 mm F/5.6, ISO 400, 1/1000

I saw this little fellow at the park on a visit to NYC for Thanksgiving.

Central Park , New York City

First pileated woodpecker that I've seen in person... I snapped off a few shots, and most looked 'traditional' in the sense that the crest has the typical smooth appearance. I liked this one because the head angle resulted in a mohawk look. []

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_brain/5667794262/in/photostream/lightbox/][/url]
    EOS 7D, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L IS USM @ 400mm, 1/500 s, f/5.6, ISO 200

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

Joel, I love the way you processed that tufted titmouse, I think it looks spot on to the style you were after. Mind sharing exactly what you did to achieve that result?

Nick

Neuro....really like the Pileated WP, nice job on the exposure. I would like to see a version of it cropped in tighter and with the out of focus branch removed. Cool shot!

Quote Originally Posted by nvitalephotography

Joel, I love the way you processed that tufted titmouse, I think it looks spot on to the style you were after. Mind sharing exactly what you did to achieve that result?

Nick

Thanks for the kind words. Mostly I adjusted the colors and saturation then I used some of the artistic filters in CS5 for brush stroke effect ... I think there is one called angled strokes if I recall correctly. Then I downloaded a font from the internet for the lettering.

Here's another image from Florida treated with filters in CS5 to look like a painting.....

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7183.343V0275.jpg[/img]

40D, 70-200 2.8

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6505.Baby-duck.JPG[/img]

<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]T&rsquo;was the day before Friday and all about the house
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The creatures were stirring, even the tit-mouse.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The doves were eating as well as the sparrows
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The finches were chirping, even the yellows
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]When all of the sudden there arose such a clatter
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The birds, they flew and all<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] were flappers
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]When I looked up to see what was the matter
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]I noticed a fellow up in the sappers
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]It wasn&rsquo;t a crow or even a bald eagle
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]It wasn&rsquo;t the cat or the neighbor&rsquo;s beagle
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]It was amazing to see such a wonderful site
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]a peregrine falcon in the midst of flight
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]

<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]To top the trees in the evening light
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]The Falcon had landed wow what a sight
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]He surveyed the land with the sharpest of eyes
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]His appetite was wet for pidgeon pie
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]
    <o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]All of the sudden he launched from his perch
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]Eye&rsquo;s focused on what soon would <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]be lunch
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The pigeons they scurried and the peckers flew
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]Even the cat and the rest of the zoo
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The falcon was focused on dinner to be
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The shot of a lifetime was just before me
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]But wouldn&rsquo;t you know it,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] just as I pushed
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]The focus was off and I only caught the bush[:'(]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]Seriuously: Was in the yard yesterday and this guy flew in and spooked all of my backyard residents---he was a fair peice away, but I did manage to get a couple of shots of him. I think its a peregrine but not sure, he also looks alot like a coopers hawk both are about the same size--if anyone has advice please feel free to correct me. These shots are heavily cropped, so please forgive the IQ.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8424.IMG_5F00_3962.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1680.IMG_5F00_3963.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8037.IMG_5F00_3966.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8468.IMG_5F00_3967.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing,

Bob
    Bob

Bob, nice series and prose!!

It

Bob, nice series and prose!!

It