Page 19 of 398 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Kayaker,

Great captures of the torrent. I especially like the second one - well composed and perfectly exposed. Well done.

This was one of those lucky shots, everything just happed to be in the right place at the right time, a second later, or if i had the lens cap on i would have missed it.

5d 24-105 f4L shot at 40mm iso 400

[IMG][View:http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg12/pinkeye69/AK10.jpg][/IMG]

This weekend I spent a few hours waiting for the "super moon" to rise from the sea, and fortunately the weather was clear so I got what I came for. Nature can be quite impressive, but it's not easy to capture on film (or CMOS). However I thought I'd share a few of my attempts.

Images taken with myRebel T1i and 24-105 f/4.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7587.IMG_5F00_7940_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6518.IMG_5F00_7944_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4111.IMG_5F00_7943_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

Thanks for viewing!

ADE, What else can I say but....WOW, Great shot. The mood you captured is wonderful. I normally don't care for center framed shots---But this one worked very well. So much for the rule of thirds. Again, great shot. [Y]

Bob
    Bob

CLS, Lucky you to be on the east coast or facing over an eastern body of water when that moon was coming up and you did a nice job capturing the moon and the water in the first shot along with some interesting foreground---very nice depth of field. If I had to critique it, my only comment would be to try and get a little closer to the ground on shots like this. Other than that, very nice work.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to TDP,

Bob
    Bob

Sat out in the back yard earlier this evening watching the birdsat the bird feeders. This is one of my favorite little birds that comes visiting regularly.

A Tufted Titmouse. Canon EOS 50D, EF 100-400mm L IS USM @ 400mm, f/6.3, ISO 400, 1/160s

I

Ade, some great pictures. I especially like the first one at the top of the page and the first in the above post.

Andy,I appreciatethe comment and I am glad you liked it. This morning convinced myself the white balance wasa little off, so I just updatedthe postwith a slightly warmer version. Great TS shots, BTW (especially #1, with the flowers along the road).

I had forgotten about this waterfall...also in the White Mountains from Sunday:

7D, EFS 15-85 @ 15 mm, 1/3, f/11, ISO 100

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-46-64/Basin-3-IMG_5F00_7253-pp.JPG[/img]

WOW Nice shot Mate [Y]. Did you use a tripod?

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

<span style="font-size: 6.94444px;"]

<h4 title="Click to edit" id="title_div5549610380"]<span style="font-size: medium;"]Nimbus Lake in the heart of Folsom, CA (on Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ernogy/)</h4>
    <div class="Desc"]
    <div title="Click to edit" id="description_div5549610380"]<span style="font-size: medium;"]Sitting smack dab between Folsom Lake and the American River is this wonderful body of water called Nimbus Lake. Come summertime, there's usually a lazy flow stemming from Folsom Lake that provides enough resistance for an upstream kayak workout. But today during the first week of spring and with heavy rainfall over the past week, flows here were more than lazy.

From being perched on some granite just downstream from Rainbow Bridge, this is looking toward the new Folsom Bridge. I convinced my kid to come out and feed the birds before dinner tonight (...plus I HAD to try out my new 0.6 GradND filter for the first time).</div>
    <div title="Click to edit"]</div>
    <div title="Click to edit"]<span style="font-size: medium;"][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x495/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7345.fols.jpg[/img]
    </div>
    </div>