Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Bill, the 1st hummer shot is definitely a keeper, good composition the tounge sticking out really enhances the image. I'd clone out theO.O.F leaf in the U.R.C. The 2nd shot can be sharper and the O.O.Fbrach/leaf is bothering me. Good luck next time.

EdN, I think it's always a thrill to see a bald eagle. Great opportunity you have there, it's absolutely cool to have nesting bald eagle. Looks like the images were shot in harsh lighting andheavily cropped, shooting in better lighting allows you to crop a bit more without losing details. Good luck next time. I like the last image, mommy and daddy are together.

Garrett, if I have a backyard with a lot of birds, I'd set up perches to photograph them. The branches in both theB.G andF.G are very cluttered, it takes a way the attention to the bird.

Chuck, nice poses on the egret and heron. I like the tight crop for the GBH, I'd crop out the O-O-F tree trunk in the B.G of the GWE

Please let me know if my any of my commentis wrong, thanks[]

Here's mine this time...

I was toolate to capture this skimmer banking with both wings spreaded out. Taken at Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in late afternoon.

40D & 400 f/5.6L, f/6.3, 1/3200, ISO 320. Please excuse the washed out fish []

Larger version http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9467971&size=lg

Thanks for viewing everyone.

Nate,

Wow, quite a beak on that one. Great action shot.

Thanks Nate,

I would of just posted the GBH (best nature shots) but the other two told a nice story. The original on the GWE was 2:3 portrait and you can see the golf course in the back ground. The tree was better reflected in the water and was left. I guess it would still be possible to crop lanscape at 2912 wide at a 4:5 aspect.

Here's the original as shot. That's as close as I could get @ 200mm on FF 5D.

Please show me what you mean. I'm curious to see how you would handle this. I respect your opinion. Your welcome to screeen capture, alter and repost this photo. Don't worry about the copyright.

Chuck

Hi chuck, sorry I took a while to reply.

I would crop the tree trunks out completely in the original post to imphasize on the bird more.

I would crop about an inch in the bottom of the 2nd version because I feel that thatspace doesn't do much to the image. I like the tree and the golf court in the background, it tells a story, wildlife and men coexist []

Nate......I'm missing what U.R.C. is standing for? [*-)] & [:$]

thanks for the cc

Bill

I've been lurking on this forum for a while so I thought this is as good a time as ever to introduce my self. My name is Vu, I'm an engineer living in the Bay Area. I wanted to give photography a try a year or so ago and have been shooting since. This is one hell of an addiction now.

Anyhow, here's a couple of shots that I thought would be fitting for this thread. These 2 shots were taken with my 40D, 70-200mm F4L IS, and Kenko extension tubes. I don't have the EXIF info with me atm but will post them when I get home.

Please feel free to critique and comments. Looking forward to interact with the rest of you on this forum. Have a great day.

One of my very first pics.

In #2

i shouldnt have kept the sun bang in the center. i was just too excited to hold a camera for the first time

Hi Vu, welcome to The-Digital-Picture Forum! Nice shots, I think they could be sharper, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hi Daya, welcome to The-Digital-Picture Forum too! I like how you cropped/composed the first shot, good way to show off the cloud. I like the second's color, you can try to level the horizon, it's tilted.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_1043sm2.jpg[/img]

Nice one, Keith.

Multiple exposures? How long did you leave the shutter open to get the lightning?