Page 191 of 558 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

P.S. you are really getting good at your songbird photos---Joel, Standby, you have competition.

Hey, I agree .... Denise is posting some excellent shots .... I'll have to "step up my game" I guess[]

Osprey, Santee Cooper Lake, South Carolina

1D3

300 2.8 + 1.4 TC

iso 800

1/1600

f/7.1

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3036.343V2206.jpg[/img]

Joel, that photo represents the goal I hope to reach someday! I would be absolutely thrilled to take a photo that looks that good!

In the meantime ...

Very reluctant to post anything that would bring the standard down of this thread.

Denise, Joel and Bob your shots are stunning.

I've no shortage of lorikeets at my place.

300mm f7.1 ISO1000 1/500

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Very colorful bird Steve and very interesting (lines of plant) capture....like to have a few here. But correct me if I'm wrong....aren't they a nuisance bird, similar to our Grackles and Starlings?

Denise, if you want to step up to Bob's and Joel's level, you need to add uniqueness to your pix; e.g. your GBH, technically it looks sound, but (sorry) it's boring. I know GBHs stand around quite sometime w/out moving, but you want them doing something, e.g. spreading wings, flying, trying to capture food, drooping their wings to cool, interaction, etc. IMHO you're getting closer.....now add patience to capture uniqueness D.

Forgive me if I've stepped over the line......

Bill

Jan....thanks for the link to this thread. I saw it, but haven't checked it out....I will now. Also, glad you like the pic of the catbird. It was taken at 930 in the morning. The darkness of the shot is because my backyard is surrounded by thick woods (conservation land) and at about this time the shadows start imposing on some of my perches.

William...thanks for the wow.

Bob...thank you for your comment also. I've been really lucky this spring, e.g. owls and now a family (4) of Red tail hawks that have taken up residence in the trees (close) behind my house.

As I'm typing the youngsters (fledged) are screeching to the adults, but I digress.

With the family so close and visible it has given me another chance to follow the maturation of a raptor (in a far more comfortable setting than my owl shots).

Here's a photo I captured this morning at sunrise (while sipping my coffee);

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1050.RTH-wings-spread-lll.jpg[/img]

f4, ISO 500, shutter 1/50th on a tripod w/cable release, 500mm, 7D combo.

Thanks for looking

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W

Denise, if you want to step up to Bob's and Joel's level, you need to add uniqueness to your pix; e.g. your GBH, technically it looks sound, but (sorry) it's boring. I know GBHs stand around quite sometime w/out moving, but you want them doing something, e.g. spreading wings, flying, trying to capture food, drooping their wings to cool, interaction, etc. IMHO you're getting closer.....now add patience to capture uniqueness D.

Forgive me if I've stepped over the line......

Bill

No problem and I absolutely agree. I have caught many photos of wings spread and bif but yesterday, I could not get this one to move no matter how close I got. This GBH has been very skittish of me since it's arrival a few weeks ago ...gone in a blink if I so much as moved on the other side of the pond. So yesterday, I was basically slowly building trust and testing how close I could get ...without falling in the very steep pond. When he started to let me get too close even for my own comfort, I figured there was a reason he wasn't budging and I backed off. So, for the ones above, I just went for the basic portrait.

This is from the other day. Not very sharp but alittle less boring ...

"Mockingbird's Glare"

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_brain/5860180624/in/set-72157624462563459/lightbox/][/url]
    EOS 7D, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L IS USM @ 400mm, 1/640 s, f/5.6, ISO 200

Thank you D.....unsolicited advice is some times hard for the recipient to digest.

Your GBH in flight isn