Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I DONT KNOW >>>YOU TELL ME(PLEASE)

Re: I DONT KNOW >>>YOU TELL ME(PLEASE)

thanks jeff... i wonder the same but i guess i will have to find out myself ..like i said id rather be able to stop down and know i have the 2.8 if needed... then wishing a had it and didnt ...if i have too i guess i can always buy both

Quote Originally Posted by mark

thanks jeff... i wonder the same but i guess i will have to find out myself ..like i said id rather be able to stop down and know i have the 2.8 if needed... then wishing a had it and didnt ...if i have too i guess i can always buy both
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Just in case you are not aware, the 70-200/2.8 (2.9lb) is basically the same weight as the 100-400 (3.1lbs) and is nearly identical in length. That should give you a pretty good idea of what you would be dealing with in that department. The 70-400/4IS, OTOH, is half the weight of the 70-200/2.8--which I'll admit is much nicer to carry around on hikes and trips. BUT, and this is a huge but, if you will be shooting in low light the weight difference is negligible. If you ever feel the need for something lighter/smaller and can deal without the versatility of a zoom you could always add an 85/1.8 and a 135/2.8SF or 135L...or simply keep your 70-300 for travel.

-Matt

I have the 70-200 f4L non is version. It is toovisible forme sometimes, at school, around town etc. You get some odd looks. The 75-300 doesn't have the IQ or the speed, but, the speed isn't that important to me. (its the difference between ISO 100 or iso 200.) Maybe important maybe not? What I will say is more important is if you like Bokeh. 2.8 is a big difference compared to f4. It is the only reason I would go with the bigger lens. I must admit, I also like the idea of keeping your existing lens and adding a 135L. Wonderful lens, sharp, has reach, and you get candid shots because people think it is nothing special. People really shy away from the big white lenses in my opinion.

Good luck,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Alicoate

(its the difference between ISO 100 or iso 200.)

Tom
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Or the difference between ISO1600 and ISO3200.