Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Forum Tips

A couple of questions:

1. When replying to a message, how do I limit the quote to just the text I want to quote? When I highlight and hit the "reply with quote" button, it quotes the whole message, not just the highlighted portion. I know I can delete any unwanted parts out, but I was hoping there is an easier way.

2. What is that "Multi-Quote" button for and how do you use it?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    A couple of questions:

1. When replying to a message, how do I limit the quote to just the text I want to quote? When I highlight and hit the "reply with quote" button, it quotes the whole message, not just the highlighted portion. I know I can delete any unwanted parts out, but I was hoping there is an easier way.

2. What is that "Multi-Quote" button for and how do you use it?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    You can't manually select what to quote unless you do it manually, to do that, highlight the text, Ctrl+c to copy it, then press the speechbubble button (above the text entry box, far right hand side, not the individual one on the post) to get some square brackets with "quote" in, paste the text you want to quote into the gap between the two. Only problem with this is you won't get the name of the person you're quoting inside the quotation, and there won't be a link to their post (I've quoted you so that you can see what I mean).

Multiquote is great. if you want to quote more than one post, you hit the multiquote button on all of them and then hit "Reply to Thread" above the quick reply box. This chucks all the quotes in the entry box for you.

Thanks Ham,

Very Helpful
    Bob