Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I solemnly vow to NEVER leave home without it!

Re: I solemnly vow to NEVER leave home without it!

I would love to bring my camera with me to and from work, But, I can
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

The temp in the car can get as high as 140 degrees.

F--- I'm just not comfortable

It's better to use asterisks (F***) than dashes (F---) when you need to curse. []

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun
    Not to completely derail this thread, but how's the Vixia HF M41, John? Would you recommend it or is there another you would?

So far, I've found it to be great. It does very well in relatively low light (plus I have the hotshoe light if needed), images are clean and artifact-free. Honestly, I don't have much of a benchmark for comparison - my previous camcorder was a standard-def Panasonic miniDV - small sensor, lots of noise, and a 42x optical zoom (but only digital IS).

Frankly, I really wish there was a TDP-like site that offered Bryan-quality comparisons of Canon camcorders!!

As it was, I made my decision based mainly on spec - the HF M41 seemed most analogous to the 5DII in some ways, i.e. it uses the same sensor models as which cost substantially more, and the added features weren't compelling for my limited experience with video. Based on specs, I liked the fact that is does not have extra pixel density (which is often included for higher MP still photos, but I've got that well-covered), so the pixel sizes are as large as possible for HD video capture with that overall sensor size.

Not sure if that helps, but so far, I'm happy with it!

--John

the temp in the car can get as high as 140 degrees F---Im just not comfortable leaving the camera in the car in those conditions--what are your thoughts?

Don't. If nothing else, those temps will kill your Li-ion batteries in less than a workday.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

The temp in the car can get as high as 140 degrees.

F--- I'm just not comfortable

It's better to use asterisks (F***) than dashes (F---) when you need to curse. [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

<p class="MsoNormal"]Just in case someone misses the humor, F=Fahrenheit[:-*]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]Good catch Daniel-[:$]

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

the temp in the car can get as high as 140 degrees F---Im just not comfortable leaving the camera in the car in those conditions--what are your thoughts?

Don't. If nothing else, those temps will kill your Li-ion batteries in less than a workday.

Thanks John, That's one I hadn't thought of.

Bob

Bob

Thanks for the input, John...that does help. I like the thought process that went into picking that particular one.. &lt;Sigh&gt; something else to add to my list.

And Bob, I would never leave my camera in the car, specially a hot car. I don't even leave my tennis racquets. [:$]

Sean: I'll look into it. Unlike the stats built up in Lightroom, I don't have a good capture of what colors I predominantly wear that may match the T3i colors.