Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, here's what I got...

Re: Okay, here's what I got...

Good luck tomorrow mate!

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke
    How do you know when your done? Is there a point when you "see" it, or do you just say "that's enough time wasted on this one" and print/save it?

I think you'll learn that in time. I know I personally have the tic to shoot everything landscape-orientated, mainly because when I started off with photographing the website I shot for asked specifically only for those kind of shots due to the layout it had. Nowadays I start to see more and more in the other direction as well, but I still got a thing for landscape-orientated shots [:P]

I say just try out a few shots tomorrow from a few different perspectives. Wide/closer, landscape/portrait, straight on subject/from an angle, lowupwardlooking perspective/eyeleveled perspective etc etc and see for yourself what happens to the composition when you do.

Good luck! Looking forward for some results [Y]

Jan

Re: Okay, here's what I got...

All I can say is that I should be thankful for the picture I took and to learnthe big lessons inmy first year. I went back to the place where I shot before and didn't recognizeanything. Doesn't take long for Mother Nature to change the looks of something in the spring time. I remember now why I shot in landscape. There are two other trees blocking the second level of waterfalls that looked disgusting at the time with no place to move and crop them out.

About the waterfall/stream: I've learned that the only people that lie more than politicians and get by with it are Weathermen! Thought something was up when all I heard were birds chirping as I was approaching my spot. I kept thinking "I don't remember hearing that before". There was no pond to speak of. The only water found was that coming from my eyes, remembering that I passed up a beautiful sunrise shot over-looking a calm steaming lake for this shot. Just for grins, I set up my tripod for what might have been, only to realize I forgot my mount a couple miles back. You have to remember that I've only used a tripodonce before. I still took a picture, but wasn't"in to it" at the time. I just pressed the left side of the camera (for portrait)into what wasnow an oversized boat anchor and fired off a round, walked back to the car, wiped the tears of pain from my face, and went back to the sunrise. You'd think if I wished hard enough, the sun would pause an hour in the skyfor my lake picture. So now that I know wishing doesn't work in photography either...
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.