Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 7D Shoot two shots in single shooting option

Are the exposures the same or are the exposures bracketed and different?

Also, are you aware that when shooting in JPEG and RAW, only the JPEG shows up on the LCD screen, but when you download the images to the computer you will then see both images if viewing JPEG and RAW simultaneously?

Is the camera actually taking 2 images or do you just hear the shutter opening twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    Are the exposures the same or are the exposures bracketed and different?

Also, are you aware that when shooting in JPEG and RAW, only the JPEG shows up on the LCD screen, but when you download the images to the computer you will then see both images if viewing JPEG and RAW simultaneously?

Is the camera actually taking 2 images or do you just hear the shutter opening twice?
    The camera is taking 2 images or more. I have tested it now and if i dont release de shutter it take more than two. But like i said its not always.

I tested the continuous shooting (8fps) and the other and works fine. The images are also fine.

When you select continuos shooting and single shot, if you go past the continuos setting and select self time 2 second or self timer 10 second do they work normally?

If you reset the custom functions and it still does it, I would suggest you go to the Canon website and get the latest firmware version and update your camera.

If you don't release the shutter and it takes more than 2 images, then it sounds like continuous shooting mode is being activated.

Are you accidentally pressing the AF DRIVE Button on top of the camera (It is on the right side, just in front of the top LCD screen). If you press this button and then turn the large quick control Dial on the back of the camera, then you will change the continuous shooting setting.

If that is not the reason, then you may want to reset the camera like HDnitehawk suggested, and or update your firmware. Otherwise, you may have a problem with your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    When you select continuos shooting and single shot, if you go past the continuos setting and select self time 2 second or self timer 10 second do they work normally?
    Yes it work just fine in every modes. Just in single shooting if i stay the buton pressed it take more than one shot. I have the last firmware. Could be a problem i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Jones View Post
    Hello,

I'm new here...sorry for my english.

I have a Canon 7D and sometimes (not allways) when iam shooting one shot and in single shooting settings the camera take two shoots consecutive.

Is this normal? Is there any option that i have wrong in the menu?

hope you could help me.

Best Regard
    Hi, I experience something similar now and then on my 7D - when shooting in single shot mode there are sometimes two shots taken. I simply believe that I unintentionally take two single shots in a row, and that it hasn't to do with any setting. This typically happens when I'm extra careful with smooth squeezing of the shutter button: I gently increase the pressure until *click* the picture is taken. Sometimes this results in double shots. I suppose some small movement when the shot is taken can briefly cause opening of the shutter button, and then it's closed again by the pressure (that is still there). It's like a contact bounce caused by my finger pressing with the exact force required for the shot to be taken. This never happens when I press the shutter button more distinctively.

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Hi, I experience something similar now and then on my 7D - when shooting in single shot mode there are sometimes two shots taken. I simply believe that I unintentionally take two single shots in a row, and that it hasn't to do with any setting. This typically happens when I'm extra careful with smooth squeezing of the shutter button: I gently increase the pressure until *click* the picture is taken. Sometimes this results in double shots. I suppose some small movement when the shot is taken can briefly cause opening of the shutter button, and then it's closed again by the pressure (that is still there). It's like a contact bounce caused by my finger pressing with the exact force required for the shot to be taken. This never happens when I press the shutter button more distinctively.
    Hello,

After many tests its like you said. Its the sensibility when i press the shoot button. Sometimes a press it many times and it fire more than one shot.

I came from a very old model and i'm not accustomed to the sensibility of this button.

Best Regards