Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your bag Canon Lineups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Whats in your bag Canon Lineups

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Don't pay too much attention to what other people own, there is always going to be somebody out there with that brand new Maserati, doesn&rsquo;t mean you should sell your house to get it.<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Be happy with what you have, go out and take pictures, that's what it's all about.<o></o>

<p style="padding-left: 30px;"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]"Don't pay too much attention to what other people own, there is always going to be somebody out there with that brand new Maserati, doesn&rsquo;t mean you should sell your house to get it.
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]Be happy with what you have, go out and take pictures, that's what it's all about."

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]Itheone, the problem is thatwe alldrive Maseratis, but the guy next door has a Lamborghini and suddently we think our Maseratis are not capable cars[] (Maybe a few of us here only have Corvettes)

If it makes anyone feel better, the "have access to" section is usually grabbed up by the others I work with and I could consider borrowed gear. The Always Carry is my personal gear.

I'm pretty sure the Bugatti Veyron would beequivalentto owning everything canon makes. which is not what I own, I have a toyota camery [*-)]

anyways, in my bag is this:

Canon 30D
    17-40 f4 L
    50 f1.8
    B+W UV and CPL (77mm)
    three CF cards (18GB total)
    and a cheap tripod (although thats not inmy bag

Seeing what other people have just makes me daydream...But I guess I have a pretty good setup seeing as that I'm only 16. [H]

Well, here's what I got;

Bodies;

Canon EOS-1(film)

Canon 350D Rebel XT+Battery Grip .

Lenses;

18-55mm kit lens

Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5

Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6

Canon 50mm f/1.8,

Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM(favorite).

Flashes;

One Canon 430EX+Bouncer

Memory;

One Sandisk Ultra II 4GB

And all lenses have B+W UV haze MCR filters.

Haha i have that crappy tamron as well i hate it hbu ? im also 16 but you have more than me

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12

Haha i have that crappy tamron as well i hate it hbu ? im also 16 but you have more than me
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I love using it when there's enough light for me to use it at f/8-11 to get decent photos, other than that it's a total pain in the butt.

I'm hoping to get the 70-200 f/4L soon to replace the tammy.

Heres my setup.

-50D

-16-35L II

-24-105L

-70-200 2.8 IS

-B&amp;W UV and Polarizing filters for all.

-Gitzo 1541 Travel Tripod

-RRS bH-40 ball head and tripod mounts

-Canon Backpack

-Tamrac Traveler backpack

-2 Canon Batteries.

-3 8gig, 3 4gig and 1 2 gig sandisk memory cards

-shutter release controller

-G9

Just switch to FF:

5D Mark II with BG-E6 and RRS L-Plate

16-35L II

24-70L

70-200L 2.8 IS

Gitzo 2530, Slik Pro 700DX, Slik 381CF Mono

Markins Q3 (Red), M10, TB-20

580 EX II

Hoya &amp; B+W UV and CPL

Bunch of CF cards

Tamrac Expedition 6

<span style="font-size: small;"]All right, I'll give my stuff a show then.

<span style="font-size: small;"]I once was such an equipment dude who digs into lenses and cameras very badly, especially after I went partially digital. However, after careful comparison between a number of lenses on full frame B&amp;W and slide films in real life shooting situations (print to 8x10), I barely notice any practical difference between 16-35/2.8L and its replacement model II, the same deal with 24-70/2.8L and 28-135/3.5-5.6 IS. My experience over years makes me wonder why I should pay so much attention on my gear.

<span style="font-size: small;"]There're truely things that are more important; even lots of free time, lots of travel opportunities, a beautiful girlfriend and a happy mode will result in much better picturescomparing tothose people who have the best gear but don't have much time to do photography, don't travel, not interested in portraiture and doesn't havea cheerfulmode to play around. Not even to mention the effort that oneshould put into practice and studying photographic techniques (both polishing skill and innovation). Now if I want to get good shots, I took half a month offduring my summer vacation (I'm still a college student) and govisit some great places where I have never beenwith people I love and spend quality time take photos. Through all my money onto a 300/2.8L IS and keep working hard is no longer my style...
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EOS 1V-HS
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EOS 650
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EOS 50D + BG-E2N
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 16-35/2.8L II
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 24-70/2.8L
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 70-200/4L IS
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 85/1.8
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]Speedlite 430EX II

<span style="font-size: small;"]I guess my kit will remain exactly this way in at least three years, with only one possible exception of adding an updated 24-70/2.8L IS, 35/1.4L IIor 50/1.4 II. All my extra money will go to finance my holiday travels - and I think that's a much better investment[] PS: Probably my discussion is a bit off topic as this is purely a place where we show off our gear, feel free to flame me...[:P]